    the frame smaller than 11x14?

    thanks,

    brian

    Brian Huether, Dec 5, 2003

  2. Brian Huether

    Bob Hatch Guest

    "Brian Huether" <> wrote in message
    news:bqpa05$skg$03$-online.com...
    > I have a bunch of 11x14 pictures. If I buy 11x14 frames, does that mean

    the
    > picture should be a little bigger than 11x14, or is the viewable portion

    of
    > the frame smaller than 11x14?

    You will lose about 1/4 inch all the way around the image. The opening in
    the frame is usually 10.5 x 13.5.
    --
    "Free enterprise has done more to reduce poverty than all
    the government programs dreamed up by Democrats." --Ronald Reagan

    Bob Hatch, Dec 5, 2003

  3. Brian Huether

    Robertwgross Guest

    Brian wrote:
    >I have a bunch of 11x14 pictures. If I buy 11x14 frames, does that mean the
    >picture should be a little bigger than 11x14, or is the viewable portion of
    >the frame smaller than 11x14?

    In general, when I sell a print of 8x10, I put a mat on it so that it will fit
    a frame of 11x14. When I sell a print of 11x14, I put a mat on it so that it
    will fit a frame of 16x20.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Dec 5, 2003
  4. Brian Huether wrote:
    > I have a bunch of 11x14 pictures. If I buy 11x14 frames, does that mean the
    > picture should be a little bigger than 11x14, or is the viewable portion of
    > the frame smaller than 11x14?

    Why don't you go to the frame store and take a look at all of the
    possibilities?

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Eickmeier, Dec 5, 2003