    how would you use it? (I'm using win xp) How can I be sure the 128 mb
    SmartMedia card is not really Flash- because they look identical to
    me. Thanks for any input.

    Bosk, Jan 27, 2005

  2. "Bosk" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm a bit confused by a the range of SmartMedia cards available for
    > purchase on the internet. I need another 128 mb SmartMedia card for my
    > Fuji Finepix camera to add to the Lexar one I already have. Yet when I
    > look at some of the other brands of 128 mb SmartMedia cards available,
    > some say just SmartMedia and some say SmartMedia Flash. I know the one
    > I have now that I bought with the camerca is not Flash, so if I buy
    > one that says Flash, do I need some kind of adapter reader for it? And
    > how would you use it? (I'm using win xp) How can I be sure the 128 mb
    > SmartMedia card is not really Flash- because they look identical to
    > me. Thanks for any input.

    I suppose all SmartMedia card are flash memory. Flash memory is normally
    used to describe memory that retains its data after the power is removed.

    --
    Jan Otto

    Jan Otto Ruud, Jan 28, 2005

  3. Bosk

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Bosk wrote:

    > I'm a bit confused by a the range of SmartMedia cards available for
    > purchase on the internet. I need another 128 mb SmartMedia card for my
    > Fuji Finepix camera to add to the Lexar one I already have. Yet when I
    > look at some of the other brands of 128 mb SmartMedia cards available,
    > some say just SmartMedia and some say SmartMedia Flash. I know the one
    > I have now that I bought with the camerca is not Flash, so if I buy
    > one that says Flash, do I need some kind of adapter reader for it? And
    > how would you use it? (I'm using win xp) How can I be sure the 128 mb
    > SmartMedia card is not really Flash- because they look identical to
    > me. Thanks for any input.

    Hi...

    Flash describes the type of memory... they're both
    the same.

    Choose whichever you like, basing it only on price,
    manufacturer, shipping cost, warranty.

    But given that you're in Canada too (I think) I'll tell
    you that there's a fellow in Calgary who dutch auctions
    brand new 128's often; they usually end up around 25US
    or 31 CDN with no charge for shipping. Search Ebay.ca,
    click canada only, and use the word smartmedia (not
    two words) and you should find 'em)

    Take care.

    Ken

    Oops, forgot the disclaimer. I have nothing to do with
    the seller mentioned other than being a customer

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Jan 28, 2005