    Thanks in advance for help.

    Bill

    poston8 [@] comcast.net

    Bill Poston, Jul 22, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    Bill Poston <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > A beginners question about exposure/fill light.
    >
    > I use the Canon A75 and the Canon S1 SI both with basic settings.
    >
    > When I put the photos on my computer I am alwasy having to increase
    > the fill light. Mostly in Picasa 2.
    >
    > Is there a setting on the camera I can change to that would halp avoid
    > this problem. I think it has to do with exposure but not real sure if
    > I want to increase or decrease the cameras exposure.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for help.
    >
    > Bill
    >
    > poston8 [@] comcast.net

    You can increase overall exposure or use some additional
    off camera lighting such as a strobe, or a bounce reflective
    device. The camera can only do so much, making good
    photographs is some work.

    Of course software can compensate somewhat but understanding how
    things are lit is an art form in itself.

    to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

    Gregory Blank, Jul 22, 2005

  3. Bill Poston

    dylan Guest

    > A beginners question about exposure/fill light.
    >
    > I use the Canon A75 and the Canon S1 SI both with basic settings.
    >
    > When I put the photos on my computer I am alwasy having to increase
    > the fill light. Mostly in Picasa 2.
    >
    > Is there a setting on the camera I can change to that would halp avoid
    > this problem. I think it has to do with exposure but not real sure if
    > I want to increase or decrease the cameras exposure.

    You need to increase exposure, ie if using f8 then try f5.6, but this may
    have the effect of over-exposing the 'main' light areas.
    The answer maybe a stronger fill-in light.

    If you are using flash, can you adjust the flash power on the A75 / S1 ?

    dylan, Jul 22, 2005
  4. Bill Poston

    Boat Guest

    "Bill Poston" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > A beginners question about exposure/fill light.
    >
    > I use the Canon A75 and the Canon S1 SI both with basic settings.
    >
    > When I put the photos on my computer I am alwasy having to increase
    > the fill light. Mostly in Picasa 2.
    >
    > Is there a setting on the camera I can change to that would halp avoid
    > this problem. I think it has to do with exposure but not real sure if
    > I want to increase or decrease the cameras exposure.

    Also check that the monitor is adjusted correctly. Most are adjusted to
    less than optimal for photos.

    Boat, Jul 23, 2005