Question about Exam 70-292

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Guan Foo Wah, Sep 16, 2004.

  1. Guan Foo Wah

    Guan Foo Wah Guest

    Hi,

    I am about to finish studying 70-292 and will be heading for the exam soon.
    I have a few questions to ask

    1. Do I really have to memorize most command parameters for commands like
    dsget, dsadd, dsmod, secedit, ntbackup for this exam? I find it impractical
    to remember even some of it as I can always get help (dsget /?). It is
    practical to know what those commands are for and what I can do with it.

    2. Now that "secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy" no longer works on
    Win2k3, what is the alternative command?

    3. How many question will I get?

    4. What is the timeframe I will be given to complete the exam?

    5. What is the passing score?

    6. How hard is the exam?
    Guan Foo Wah, Sep 16, 2004

  2. Guan Foo Wah

    Talyn Guest

    For part of your question. the "secedit /refreshpolicy
    machine_policy" command is now gpudate. This works for
    WinXP as well.

    HTH
    Talyn

    Talyn, Sep 16, 2004

  3. "Guan Foo Wah" <never@know> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am about to finish studying 70-292 and will be heading for the exam

    soon.
    > I have a few questions to ask
    >
    > 1. Do I really have to memorize most command parameters for commands like
    > dsget, dsadd, dsmod, secedit, ntbackup for this exam? I find it

    impractical
    > to remember even some of it as I can always get help (dsget /?). It is
    > practical to know what those commands are for and what I can do with it.

    I agree on the practicality of knowing the basics of the command and the
    impracticality of knowing all the switches. I have not yet taken 292, but
    am preparing for it now. Typically on an MS exam, knowing the basics of the
    commands will get you most of the way. Typically there are a few questions
    for which you need to know specific flags. But if you know most of the
    material well, missing those pickier questions doesn't hurt too badly.

    dwilson
    Daniel Wilson, Sep 16, 2004
  4. Guan Foo Wah

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "Guan Foo Wah" <never@know> spewed in

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am about to finish studying 70-292 and will be heading for the exam
    > soon. I have a few questions to ask
    >
    > 1. Do I really have to memorize most command parameters for commands
    > like dsget, dsadd, dsmod, secedit, ntbackup for this exam? I find it
    > impractical to remember even some of it as I can always get help
    > (dsget /?). It is practical to know what those commands are for and
    > what I can do with it.

    I would...

    > 2. Now that "secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy" no longer works on
    > Win2k3, what is the alternative command?

    gpupdate (go use the help files will ya?)

    > 3. How many question will I get?

    just enough (I think its 55 or something like that)

    > 4. What is the timeframe I will be given to complete the exam?

    depends on you. I took about a half hour, but I'm quick...(I think MS
    gives you 110 minutes)

    > 5. What is the passing score?

    700...they're all 700 though mine was pass/fail but that was last
    Aug/Sept...

    > 6. How hard is the exam?

    it's an MS exam... not that hard...

    HTH