    format like .avi or .mpg or such?

    Thanks!

    , May 24, 2006

  2. Bill Guest

    wrote:
    > I just switched from VCR to a DVD video recorder (JVC model DR-M70) and
    > I'm totally loving it!
    >
    > But this is my question: is there any possible more or less simple way
    > to convert the programs recorded on DVD video recorder to a video
    > format like .avi or .mpg or such?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Nero Ultra Edition 7 is one solution. I have Ultra Edition 6, and use it
    frequently to convert programming recorded on my DVD deck into standard
    mpg files. I don't care for its editing capabilites, for editing I use
    Ulead VideoStudio 8...but Nero is always the first step that I take.

    Bill, May 24, 2006

  3. Guest

    Ok, so on my DVD video recorder I'm using a DVD-RW disk (it's very
    convenient because you can use this one disk thousands of times, just
    watch your recorded program, then when you finished it, format, and
    record another program, and so on forever - all on one and the same
    DVD-RW disk).
    Anyways, so I tried this already recorded and finalized DVD-RW on my
    computer's DVD drive - but the DVD drive apparently did not recognize
    any file formats on this DVD-RW disk with already recorded stuff, it
    simply displayed an empty folder! :(

    Please help! How do I get my computer DVD drive to see the recorded
    DVD-RW disk?

    , May 24, 2006
  4. GMAN Guest

    In article <>, wrote:
    >Ok, so on my DVD video recorder I'm using a DVD-RW disk (it's very
    >convenient because you can use this one disk thousands of times, just
    >watch your recorded program, then when you finished it, format, and
    >record another program, and so on forever - all on one and the same
    >DVD-RW disk).
    >Anyways, so I tried this already recorded and finalized DVD-RW on my
    >computer's DVD drive - but the DVD drive apparently did not recognize
    >any file formats on this DVD-RW disk with already recorded stuff, it
    >simply displayed an empty folder! :(
    >
    >Please help! How do I get my computer DVD drive to see the recorded
    >DVD-RW disk?

    Finalize the disk

    GMAN, May 25, 2006
  5. Guest

    As I already said - I finalized it! And then I also tried nonfinalized!
    But the computer DVD drive still sees no files on the DVD-RW disk..

    , May 25, 2006
  6. Bill Guest

    wrote:
    > As I already said - I finalized it! And then I also tried nonfinalized!
    > But the computer DVD drive still sees no files on the DVD-RW disk..

    Is your computer drive an older one...one that, perhaps, might not
    support DVD-RW media? I'm not certain if such an animal exists, but I do
    know that many of the earlier computer drives would only support one
    format. Sony, I'm fairly certain, pioneered the notion of a single drive
    supporting both + and - media.

    Bill, May 25, 2006
  7. Guest

    Nope, it's a pretty recent drive and it supports all the usual formats,
    including DVD-RW..

    , May 26, 2006
  8. nick88_00

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Help

    i just bought a JVC DR-M70, but it didnt come with a remote or a manual so i have NO clue how to just record. I bought a harmony universal remote so all i need help with is how to record. If you know how to work it, please help or if you know where i can get a free manual please let me know, thanks a lot!!

    nick88_00, Nov 7, 2006