    Which are the best books about digital photography ?. Is there any book
    specially recommended (a kind of bible) ?.

    Many thanks
    Fausto, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Personally, I think your best choice is read the manual to understand how to
    use all your specific camera's features, then pick up a general photography
    book to learn what the features will accomplish and general tips on
    photography. Composition, etc. are the same in digital and film photography,
    except choosing the moment in film photography should probably be changed to
    anticipating the moment in a slower reacting digital camera.

    Paul Riemerman

    Paul Riemerman, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Fausto

    Fausto Guest

    I am not looking for features of any camera, I am looking for
    information and concepts related to digital photography. So I am looking
    for books about digital photography in general, not about composition,
    just digital photography.

    Thanks.

    Fausto, Jun 15, 2004
  4. Don't read, take pictures.

    Pittsburgh bound, Jun 15, 2004
  5. Fausto

    Renee Guest

    I took out a bunch of books from my local library. Among the batch, my
    favorite two were:

    1) Rick Sammon's Complete Guide to Digital Photography, 2004, W.W. Norton &
    Company
    2) Complete Digital Photography Second Edition, Ben Long, 2003, Charles
    River Media, Inc.

    They both come with CDs.

    Ben Long's book has several errors in it: it'll tell you to look at Figure
    XX on Page XX, and the Figure will be on another page. It also says the CD
    comes with a Photoshop demo, but it's actually Photoshop Elements. The book
    is still worth looking at.

    You're better off checking the library before the bookstores, and take some
    notes while reading them. Both books give you good basic digital photography
    information.

    I made sure to read my camera's manual a couple of times to get familar with
    which features apply to the descriptions in the books.

    Renee

    Renee, Jun 15, 2004
  6. Right...RTFM...its the most important book....and look up any words or
    concepts you don't understand. Shoot lots of photos....and review
    them....discover when and why your particular camera messes up. Check out a
    book on composition....it will get you started...but you graduate from the
    course when you start deviating from the rules. Taking the photo is one
    skill....doing something with it ...Photoshop....display...those are other
    skills.

    &

    Gene Palmiter, Jun 16, 2004