    Any thoughts about the cause?

    Regards
    George
    george, Aug 10, 2005

  2. george

    pcbutts1 Guest

    That's NORMAL, don't listen to the trolls who are trying to convince you
    that you have a problem.

    --
    I went to San Francisco and all I got was this lousy virus.

    pcbutts1, Aug 10, 2005

  3. george

    SgtMinor Guest

    george wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I upgraded one of my puters from 98se to win2k. I noticed only 1
    > difference while the modem was connected. Without any activity on the
    > modem, the Delayed Proceedure Calls function is using half of my cpu.
    > This didn't happen with 98. Google stuff was very vague about it's
    > purpose. Is this normal? My system is clean of any virus or trojans
    > and is firewalled.
    >
    > Any thoughts about the cause?
    >
    > Regards
    > George

    Puter is an old English word for "poking stick." I suppose you're
    dealing with a computer.

    Do you have the latest Service Pack installed?

    "FIX: Memory Leak in Remote Procedure Call Server Service (RPCSS)":

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325748/
    SgtMinor, Aug 10, 2005
  4. george

    george Guest

    Hi all,

    I have installed all the upgrades thru sp4 and still have the same
    problem with Delayed Proceedure Calls using half of my cpu while the
    modem is engaged. There aren't any active connections, just some
    listening.

    Any further thoughts?
    Regards,
    George