Question about DDP Format and associate workflow !!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by alex.buisson@googlemail.com, Feb 19, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hi,
    I come from read some papers & notes about DDP format and i have some
    questions ?

    * I have Eclipse Data DDP File and a file in the DDP package is called
    Checksum.chk. But it's not a simple checksum algorithm and i would
    know if it's file is very useful in a mastering workflow and i can
    change the MPEG2 content without introduce a break into the workflow.

    * I suppose that the Eclipse Checksum isn't public ?

    * If my change in the Main.dat file and in the MPEG2 PS don't move
    MPEG2 frame offset and don't change the file size, the DDP would be
    always correct ?

    Any help or advice would be welcome.

    Alex.

    , Feb 19, 2008