    be connected to the internet, and the "other" computers on the
    existing wired/wireless LAN with internet connectivity.
    Charlie Hoffpauir

    Charlie Hoffpauir, Dec 2, 2006

  2. Hi
    A computer running WinXP Pro with two Network Cards can be set to Bridge the
    two Networks.
    The principle in the following.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02april22.mspx
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/wxpbrdge.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 2, 2006

  3. On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 14:34:52 -0500, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
    <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >A computer running WinXP Pro with two Network Cards can be set to Bridge the
    >two Networks.
    >The principle in the following.
    >http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02april22.mspx
    >http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/wxpbrdge.html
    >Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Thanks Jack. I am runnning WinXP pro on that one computer, so this
    looks like just what I need.

    Charlie Hoffpauir

    Charlie Hoffpauir, Dec 2, 2006
  4. Charlie Hoffpauir

    David Hettel Guest

    What is the speed of the network? How are the Tivo connected? While it's
    possible to connect this way, I personally think it's unlikely you see much
    difference. There not really enough info given to determine if you see
    enough of a difference to make it worth the effort.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Dec 3, 2006
  5. On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 18:17:03 -0500, "David Hettel" <>
    wrote:

    >What is the speed of the network? How are the Tivo connected? While it's
    >possible to connect this way, I personally think it's unlikely you see much
    >difference. There not really enough info given to determine if you see
    >enough of a difference to make it worth the effort.

    Well, the network uses a Linksys WRT54G router, and the D-Tivos are
    connected by ethernet (Cat 5) so my guess is that transfer capability
    is 100Kbps, but less than that due to the limitation in the Tivo. I
    also have several computers connected, both wired and wireless, and
    one D-Tivo wirelessly. Because I have more than 4 wired devices, I
    also have a Linksys 5-port switch attached. There are severe speed
    reductions if I attach any Tivo wirelessly, or if I attach one to the
    switch, so all but one are attached to the router. Because I tend to
    do a lot of archiving of movies to DVD, there are a lot of transfers
    from Tivo to computer..... and also transfers from Tivo to Tivo (when
    something is recorded on one and we want to watch that program in a
    different room.)

    Charlie Hoffpauir

    Charlie Hoffpauir, Dec 4, 2006