    some "Goof Off" but don't know if the harsh chemicals will damage the DVD's.
    Any insight? TIA

    Evan
    Evander, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Also I peeled off their stickers leaving behind
    > a bunch of gunk. What is the best way to remove the sticker glue? I'm
    > thinking about buying some "Goof Off" but don't know if the harsh
    > chemicals will damage the DVD's. Any insight? TIA

    Most sticker goo I've seen is easily cleaned off with standard rubbing
    alcohol. I HIGHLY advise against using Goof Off... it's very likely to
    melt plastics. Goo Gone can be used safely, but I recommend alcohol.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Sep 17, 2003

  3. Evander

    Rick Guest

    "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote in message
    > Also I peeled off their stickers leaving behind
    > > a bunch of gunk. What is the best way to remove the sticker glue? I'm
    > > thinking about buying some "Goof Off" but don't know if the harsh
    > > chemicals will damage the DVD's. Any insight? TIA

    > Most sticker goo I've seen is easily cleaned off with standard rubbing
    > alcohol. I HIGHLY advise against using Goof Off... it's very likely to
    > melt plastics. Goo Gone can be used safely, but I recommend alcohol.

    I would have thought that a 20-minute rub with your finger/thumb nails would
    do the trick, or is it so stuck on that any scratching would remove the disc
    artwork as well?
    Rick, Sep 18, 2003
  4. Evander

    Evander Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message

    > "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote in

    message
    > > Also I peeled off their stickers leaving behind
    > > > a bunch of gunk. What is the best way to remove the sticker glue? I'm
    > > > thinking about buying some "Goof Off" but don't know if the harsh
    > > > chemicals will damage the DVD's. Any insight? TIA

    > > Most sticker goo I've seen is easily cleaned off with standard rubbing
    > > alcohol. I HIGHLY advise against using Goof Off... it's very likely to
    > > melt plastics. Goo Gone can be used safely, but I recommend alcohol.

    > I would have thought that a 20-minute rub with your finger/thumb nails

    would
    > do the trick, or is it so stuck on that any scratching would remove the

    disc
    > artwork as well?

    Did the 30 minute rub with finger nail but there is still some gunk on the
    disk. This is how bad it still is; I put one of the DVD is for a viewing.
    The movie played just fine. Then I tried to eject it. The DVD was stuck on
    the support. You see the sticker I removed are doughnut shaped around the
    center hole. I felt a slight tackiness but didn't think it was anything
    until I couldn't eject the disk.

    I pulled off the cover of my DVD player and got the disk out. Everything is
    back to normal actually watching a different DVD right now. I'm searching
    around the apartment for some rubbing alcohol to try and remove the gunk.
    Thanks for you replies guys.

    Evan
    Evander, Sep 18, 2003