    wondered if anyone had some advice. Okay choice? Avoid like the plague?

    If there is a more appropriate place to post this, let me know.

    Clem Clambake
    Clem Clambake, Nov 14, 2004

  2. Clem Clambake

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Clem Clambake" <> wrote in news:bvCld.20393
    $:

    > wondered if anyone had some advice. Okay choice? Avoid like the plague?

    Older emachines were slow, poorly made crap. Recent (past 2 years or so)
    models are actually really nice, and you definitely get a reasonable bang
    for your buck with them.

    > If there is a more appropriate place to post this, let me know.

    This place is fine.
    Jim Berwick, Nov 14, 2004

  3. Clem Clambake

    Plato Guest

    Jim Berwick wrote:

    > > wondered if anyone had some advice. Okay choice? Avoid like the plague?

    > Older emachines were slow, poorly made crap. Recent (past 2 years or so)
    > models are actually really nice, and you definitely get a reasonable bang
    > for your buck with them.

    E machines have improved recently. no doubt
    Plato, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Clem Clambake

    The One Guest

    "Clem Clambake" <> wrote in message
    >I really hope it's okay to post this here,a nd I apologize if it's not.
    >I'm gonna need to buy a CPU soon, mines about five years old. The only
    >thing in my budget for the near future is an E-Machines system. But I've
    >heard that buying one is not a great idea, or at least it wasn't a few
    >years ago. I saw one that was actually given a good rating by PC Mag (I
    >think) and I wondered if anyone had some advice. Okay choice? Avoid like
    >the plague?
    >
    > If there is a more appropriate place to post this, let me know.
    >
    > Clem Clambake

    Im confused you want a new CPU or a new computer? If you want a new CPU
    upgrade what have you got in there now? What will your motherboard support
    up to? Download or look in manual.

    If your after a new computer build your own if you havent got the confidence
    get someone else to do it cheaper, avoid large companies like the plague
    they overcharge like anything.
    The One, Nov 17, 2004
  5. Clem Clambake wrote:

    > I really hope it's okay to post this here,a nd I apologize if it's not. I'm
    > gonna need to buy a CPU soon, mines about five years old.

    A CPU is the processor inside the actual "box" of the computer. We know
    you mean "computer" but just to let you know, to avoid confusing "The
    One" you should probably say "computer" in the future ;)
    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Nov 19, 2004