    If I phone someone with internet calls is it possible that the recipient is
    shown a number via CLID so they know who's calling and can call back

    ermm.. I hope thats clear ;)

    ¬Stephen Hammond, Sep 11, 2006

  2. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Jono Guest

    ¬Stephen Hammond brought next idea :
    > Can you get the recipient to get CLID on there phone so
    >
    > erm
    >
    > If I phone someone with internet calls is it possible that the recipient is
    > shown a number via CLID so they know who's calling and can call back
    >

    > ermm.. I hope thats clear ;)

    If you're asking about www.internetcalls.com, what number gets
    presented to the person you are calling.?......then, unless you've
    "bought" a VoIP In number, then no.....and I believe you cannot obtain
    one at the moment/anymore

    On some of the betamax clones, you can specify an outgoing CLI - any
    you like, apparently. I cannot get the same functionality with
    internetcalls.com. (Search this group for {{{{{Welcome}}}}'s thread on
    this subject)

    there is a section in the control panel to add other numbers, however,
    I cannot see anything that allows me to present these numbers for
    outbound calls. One thing that /is/ promised is to be able to present
    your actual mobile number on outgoing text messages sent from your
    account. This involves a verification text being sent, which is
    chargeable, you then enter the code into your account......I got the
    text, but the code would not work.

    If anyone can prove me wrong, I would like to know how to set it up
    myself!

    Jono, Sep 11, 2006

  3. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Graham Guest

    > there is a section in the control panel to add other numbers, however,
    > I cannot see anything that allows me to present these numbers for outbound
    > calls.

    My comments below refer to voipcheap.co.uk. They may also pertain to other
    clones.

    In the softphone go to tools-options-call settings
    you should have a dropdown menu called 'your voip-in phonenumber'
    with all the numbers you entered in file- your personal profile.

    If yours has a fixed field that cannot be changed, it is because the account
    you are using came with a voip-in number.
    Sign up again for a new account and log in with the new credentials and see
    the difference.
    (You will get some free trial calls even if you don't topup).

    I never managed to use a voipcheap.co.uk account for spoofing CLI *other*
    than
    using the softphone, anyone got Asterisk to do it?
    --

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Sep 11, 2006
  4. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Jono Guest

    Graham wrote :
    >> there is a section in the control panel to add other numbers, however,
    >> I cannot see anything that allows me to present these numbers for outbound
    >> calls.

    > My comments below refer to voipcheap.co.uk. They may also pertain to other
    > clones.
    >
    > In the softphone go to tools-options-call settings
    > you should have a dropdown menu called 'your voip-in phonenumber'
    > with all the numbers you entered in file- your personal profile.
    >
    > If yours has a fixed field that cannot be changed, it is because the account
    > you are using came with a voip-in number.
    > Sign up again for a new account and log in with the new credentials and see
    > the difference.
    > (You will get some free trial calls even if you don't topup).

    It doesn't work on a new internetcalls account.

    > I never managed to use a voipcheap.co.uk account for spoofing CLI *other*
    > than
    > using the softphone, anyone got Asterisk to do it?

    I'm interested in that too......

    Jono, Sep 11, 2006
  5. >> Sign up again for a new account and log in with the new credentials and
    >> see the difference.

    > It doesn't work on a new internetcalls account.

    nor on a new voipcheap.com account - they don't even give you a voip-in
    number (CLI is withheld unless using the callback facility, when it presents
    the callback number). I take it that I am not doing something wrong?

    Aidan Whitehouse, Sep 11, 2006
  6. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Graham Guest

    "Aidan Whitehouse" <> wrote in message
    >>> Sign up again for a new account and log in with the new credentials and
    >>> see the difference.

    >> It doesn't work on a new internetcalls account.

    > nor on a new voipcheap.com account - they don't even give you a voip-in
    > number (CLI is withheld unless using the callback facility, when it
    > presents the callback number). I take it that I am not doing something
    > wrong?

    Yes, I tried it on the .com variant, and it doesn't work.
    voipcheap.co.uk is the only one that I can vouch for,
    with the proviso that the account didn't come with a number.
    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Sep 11, 2006