Question About AOL Filing Cabinet: Forwarding email from AOL Filing Cabinet

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Cliff, Nov 13, 2006.

  1. Cliff

    Cliff Guest

    On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:14:44 -0800, wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hello. I have AOL 8.0 on Windows Millennium Edition.

    >That's just sad.
    >
    >>I wish to go into the AOL filing cabinet and forward an email that is
    >>in the cabinet, to another person.
    >>
    >>I go into the filing cabinet, open an email, and click on the "forward"
    >>button. I enter the email address in the "send to" box, and I press
    >>"send now". I get the following error message:
    >>
    >>That message is no longer available for forwarding.
    >>

    >>Is there any way to forward an email from the filing cabinet? Thanks
    >>for any info.

    >about the file cabinet:
    >
    >"It's a file that AOL uses for offline storage of email, meesgae board
    >messages,
    >newsroups, Favorites, etc.
    >
    >If she is having problems *forwarding* Email from the PFC, it's
    >because they
    >are no longer on the AOL mail server. AOL forwards directly from the
    >server to
    >prevent changing the contents of forward.

    <Whitespace added .. nothing snipped>

    >What she needs to do is use
    >instead and change the name in the To: field, or copy and paste into a
    >new
    >email."

    Just highlite what you want to copy with the mouse cursor
    before hitting "REPLY". Then change the SEND TO field.

    --
    Cliff

    Cliff, Nov 13, 2006

  2. Cliff

    Guest

    Hello. I have AOL 8.0 on Windows Millennium Edition.

    I wish to go into the AOL filing cabinet and forward an email that is
    in the cabinet, to another person.

    I go into the filing cabinet, open an email, and click on the "forward"
    button. I enter the email address in the "send to" box, and I press
    "send now". I get the following error message:

    That message is no longer available for forwarding.

    Is there any way to forward an email from the filing cabinet? Thanks
    for any info.

    Midwest 46

    , Nov 13, 2006

  3. Cliff

    Guest

    wrote:

    >Hello. I have AOL 8.0 on Windows Millennium Edition.

    That's just sad.

    >I wish to go into the AOL filing cabinet and forward an email that is
    >in the cabinet, to another person.
    >
    >I go into the filing cabinet, open an email, and click on the "forward"
    >button. I enter the email address in the "send to" box, and I press
    >"send now". I get the following error message:
    >
    >That message is no longer available for forwarding.
    >

    >Is there any way to forward an email from the filing cabinet? Thanks
    >for any info.

    about the file cabinet:

    "It's a file that AOL uses for offline storage of email, meesgae board
    messages,
    newsroups, Favorites, etc.

    If she is having problems *forwarding* Email from the PFC, it's
    because they
    are no longer on the AOL mail server. AOL forwards directly from the
    server to
    prevent changing the contents of forward. What she needs to do is use
    email." http://tinyurl.com/y3nt5j

    --

    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

    , Nov 13, 2006