    digital receiver, complete with remote, manual, and original packaging for
    $300.

    Should I go for it? - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Apr 11, 2004

  2. LASERandDVDfan

    Mike Davis Guest

    "LASERandDVDfan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have the opportunity to pick up a mint and fully functional Sony

    STR-DA4ES
    > digital receiver, complete with remote, manual, and original packaging for
    > $300.
    >
    > Should I go for it? - Reinhart

    Hey Reinhart,
    That's a pretty reasonable deal to me. Especially as it still has all
    the goodies like the manual and such. Original packaging is a plus too, it
    just shows somebody took good care of the beast. The Sony 4ES was quite the
    rig, IIRC it was one of the first to have componant switching. It was a
    thousand dollar receiver only a couple of years ago. It also will power 7.1
    rigs, so you don't need an external amp to run all the various sound
    combinations Since it does PLII, DD and DTS, I'd say it's certainly worth
    three hundred in good condition. All the best, Mike

    Mike Davis, Apr 11, 2004