Question about Amazon DVD purchase.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Wild Coyote, Nov 15, 2004.

  1. Wild Coyote

    Wild Coyote Guest

    Does Amazon ship when they receive the item or do they wait until the
    release date? LOTR-ROTK Extended Version is cheaper on Amazon, but I
    don't know if they wait until the official release date to ship.
    Anyone know for sure. Thanks.

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com
    Wild Coyote, Nov 15, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Wild Coyote

    Justin Guest

    Wild Coyote wrote on [Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:39:33 -0700]:
    > Does Amazon ship when they receive the item or do they wait until the
    > release date? LOTR-ROTK Extended Version is cheaper on Amazon, but I
    > don't know if they wait until the official release date to ship.
    > Anyone know for sure. Thanks.


    They tend to ship on release day.
    Justin, Nov 15, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Wild Coyote

    Biz Guest

    "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does Amazon ship when they receive the item or do they wait until the
    > release date? LOTR-ROTK Extended Version is cheaper on Amazon, but I
    > don't know if they wait until the official release date to ship.
    > Anyone know for sure. Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >
    > Wild Coyote
    > wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com


    Release date like everyone is supposed to. What is with this fixation on
    getting disks b4 street date. Some kiddy fanboy thing?
    Biz, Nov 15, 2004
    #3
  4. Wild Coyote

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:45:39 GMT, Justin <> wrote:

    >Wild Coyote wrote on [Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:39:33 -0700]:
    >> Does Amazon ship when they receive the item or do they wait until the
    >> release date? LOTR-ROTK Extended Version is cheaper on Amazon, but I
    >> don't know if they wait until the official release date to ship.
    >> Anyone know for sure. Thanks.

    >
    >They tend to ship on release day.


    So my chances are better if I order from DDD because they ship when
    received. I am paying for faster mail for this one.

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com
    Wild Coyote, Nov 15, 2004
    #4
  5. >Does Amazon ship when they receive the item or do they wait until the
    >release date? LOTR-ROTK Extended Version is cheaper on Amazon, but I
    >don't know if they wait until the official release date to ship.
    >Anyone know for sure. Thanks.
    >
    >--
    >Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >
    >Wild Coyote


    It depends on what kind of shipping you ask for. If your DVD is out and in
    circulation you'll get fast delivery on all but "free delivery" where it might
    be a week late. If the disk has not been released yet on all but "free
    delivery" you'll get fairly fast shipping when the disk is released, however
    for me it's worth the extry time in delivery to get it shipped free.

    Best,

    Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago
    MarkZimmerman, Nov 15, 2004
    #5
  6. Wild Coyote

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On 15 Nov 2004 22:06:23 GMT, (MarkZimmerman)
    wrote:

    >>Does Amazon ship when they receive the item or do they wait until the
    >>release date? LOTR-ROTK Extended Version is cheaper on Amazon, but I
    >>don't know if they wait until the official release date to ship.
    >>Anyone know for sure. Thanks.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >>
    >>Wild Coyote

    >
    >It depends on what kind of shipping you ask for. If your DVD is out and in
    >circulation you'll get fast delivery on all but "free delivery" where it might
    >be a week late. If the disk has not been released yet on all but "free
    >delivery" you'll get fairly fast shipping when the disk is released, however
    >for me it's worth the extry time in delivery to get it shipped free.
    >
    >Best,
    >
    >Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago


    Every once in a while, I like to get them as soon as possible. I plan
    on watching it the weekend I get it and I will be out of town the
    following weekend, so I am hoping a Thursday before street date
    release.

    Most of the time (99%) I go for free shipping.

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com
    Wild Coyote, Nov 15, 2004
    #6
  7. Wild Coyote

    Nonymous Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message
    news:hB8md.23246$...
    >
    > "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Does Amazon ship when they receive the item or do they wait until the
    >> release date? ...


    > Release date like everyone is supposed to. What is with this fixation on
    > getting disks b4 street date. Some kiddy fanboy thing?


    It's not a matter of getting the disks before street date. It's a matter of
    getting them *on* street date. That's why some vendors ship early - so the
    customer gets the deliver on the day of the release or very soon thereafter.
    That makes the vendor competitive with retail stores where the customer can
    walk in in on release date and buy it.
    Nonymous, Nov 16, 2004
    #7
  8. Wild Coyote

    3W Guest

    "Nonymous" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    > "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > news:hB8md.23246$...
    > >
    > > "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    > > news:...
    > >> Does Amazon ship when they receive the item or do they wait until the
    > >> release date? ...

    >
    > > Release date like everyone is supposed to. What is with this fixation

    on
    > > getting disks b4 street date. Some kiddy fanboy thing?

    >
    > It's not a matter of getting the disks before street date. It's a matter

    of
    > getting them *on* street date. That's why some vendors ship early - so

    the
    > customer gets the deliver on the day of the release or very soon

    thereafter.
    > That makes the vendor competitive with retail stores where the customer

    can
    > walk in in on release date and buy it.


    What is with this fixation on getting disks on street date. Some kiddy
    fanboy thing?
    3W, Nov 16, 2004
    #8
  9. Wild Coyote

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:03:08 -0800, "3W" <>
    wrote:

    >"Nonymous" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >>
    >> "Biz" <> wrote in message
    >> news:hB8md.23246$...
    >> >
    >> > "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    >> > news:...
    >> >> Does Amazon ship when they receive the item or do they wait until the
    >> >> release date? ...

    >>
    >> > Release date like everyone is supposed to. What is with this fixation

    >on
    >> > getting disks b4 street date. Some kiddy fanboy thing?

    >>
    >> It's not a matter of getting the disks before street date. It's a matter

    >of
    >> getting them *on* street date. That's why some vendors ship early - so

    >the
    >> customer gets the deliver on the day of the release or very soon

    >thereafter.
    >> That makes the vendor competitive with retail stores where the customer

    >can
    >> walk in in on release date and buy it.

    >
    >What is with this fixation on getting disks on street date. Some kiddy
    >fanboy thing?
    >


    You mean you have never seen a blockbuster movie on opening night?
    Well the extended version of ROTK is kind of like that.

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com
    Wild Coyote, Nov 16, 2004
    #9
  10. Wild Coyote

    Justin Guest

    Wild Coyote wrote on [Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:51:04 -0700]:
    > On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:45:39 GMT, Justin <> wrote:
    >
    >>Wild Coyote wrote on [Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:39:33 -0700]:
    >>> Does Amazon ship when they receive the item or do they wait until the
    >>> release date? LOTR-ROTK Extended Version is cheaper on Amazon, but I
    >>> don't know if they wait until the official release date to ship.
    >>> Anyone know for sure. Thanks.

    >>
    >>They tend to ship on release day.

    >
    > So my chances are better if I order from DDD because they ship when
    > received. I am paying for faster mail for this one.


    You'll still get it. Does it matter if it's one or two days difference?
    Justin, Nov 16, 2004
    #10
  11. Wild Coyote

    Justin Guest

    Wild Coyote wrote on [Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:17:53 -0700]:
    > On 15 Nov 2004 22:06:23 GMT, (MarkZimmerman)
    > wrote:
    >
    >>>Does Amazon ship when they receive the item or do they wait until the
    >>>release date? LOTR-ROTK Extended Version is cheaper on Amazon, but I
    >>>don't know if they wait until the official release date to ship.
    >>>Anyone know for sure. Thanks.
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >>>
    >>>Wild Coyote

    >>
    >>It depends on what kind of shipping you ask for. If your DVD is out and in
    >>circulation you'll get fast delivery on all but "free delivery" where it might
    >>be a week late. If the disk has not been released yet on all but "free
    >>delivery" you'll get fairly fast shipping when the disk is released, however
    >>for me it's worth the extry time in delivery to get it shipped free.
    >>
    >>Best,
    >>
    >>Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago

    >
    > Every once in a while, I like to get them as soon as possible. I plan
    > on watching it the weekend I get it and I will be out of town the
    > following weekend, so I am hoping a Thursday before street date
    > release.
    >
    > Most of the time (99%) I go for free shipping.
    >


    You won't get it the week before release from DDDVD
    Justin, Nov 16, 2004
    #11
  12. Wild Coyote

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 02:58:23 GMT, Justin <> wrote:

    >Wild Coyote wrote on [Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:17:53 -0700]:
    >> On 15 Nov 2004 22:06:23 GMT, (MarkZimmerman)
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>>Does Amazon ship when they receive the item or do they wait until the
    >>>>release date? LOTR-ROTK Extended Version is cheaper on Amazon, but I
    >>>>don't know if they wait until the official release date to ship.
    >>>>Anyone know for sure. Thanks.
    >>>>
    >>>>--
    >>>>Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >>>>
    >>>>Wild Coyote
    >>>
    >>>It depends on what kind of shipping you ask for. If your DVD is out and in
    >>>circulation you'll get fast delivery on all but "free delivery" where it might
    >>>be a week late. If the disk has not been released yet on all but "free
    >>>delivery" you'll get fairly fast shipping when the disk is released, however
    >>>for me it's worth the extry time in delivery to get it shipped free.
    >>>
    >>>Best,
    >>>
    >>>Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago

    >>
    >> Every once in a while, I like to get them as soon as possible. I plan
    >> on watching it the weekend I get it and I will be out of town the
    >> following weekend, so I am hoping a Thursday before street date
    >> release.
    >>
    >> Most of the time (99%) I go for free shipping.
    >>

    >
    >You won't get it the week before release from DDDVD


    Well if DDD ships on Thursday, then I could get it by Friday.

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com
    Wild Coyote, Nov 16, 2004
    #12
  13. Wild Coyote

    3W Guest

    "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > You mean you have never seen a blockbuster movie on opening night?
    > Well the extended version of ROTK is kind of like that.


    Actually no. I don't see the point.
    3W, Nov 16, 2004
    #13
  14. Wild Coyote

    Biz Guest

    "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:03:08 -0800, "3W" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"Nonymous" <> wrote in message
    > >news:...
    > >>
    > >> "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > >> news:hB8md.23246$...
    > >> >
    > >> > "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    > >> > news:...
    > >> >> Does Amazon ship when they receive the item or do they wait until

    the
    > >> >> release date? ...
    > >>
    > >> > Release date like everyone is supposed to. What is with this

    fixation
    > >on
    > >> > getting disks b4 street date. Some kiddy fanboy thing?
    > >>
    > >> It's not a matter of getting the disks before street date. It's a

    matter
    > >of
    > >> getting them *on* street date. That's why some vendors ship early - so

    > >the
    > >> customer gets the deliver on the day of the release or very soon

    > >thereafter.
    > >> That makes the vendor competitive with retail stores where the customer

    > >can
    > >> walk in in on release date and buy it.

    > >
    > >What is with this fixation on getting disks on street date. Some kiddy
    > >fanboy thing?
    > >

    >
    > You mean you have never seen a blockbuster movie on opening night?
    > Well the extended version of ROTK is kind of like that.



    No way..there's too many kiddie fanboys there on opening night. I can see
    it for Sunday's matinee and avoid all the crowds and actually enjoy the
    movie, which you cant do on opening night.
    Biz, Nov 16, 2004
    #14
  15. Wild Coyote

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:20:22 -0800, "3W" <>
    wrote:

    >"Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> You mean you have never seen a blockbuster movie on opening night?
    >> Well the extended version of ROTK is kind of like that.

    >
    >Actually no. I don't see the point.
    >


    Well that is why we have such diversity.

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com
    Wild Coyote, Nov 16, 2004
    #15
  16. Wild Coyote

    TMA Guest

    Doesn't matter from DDD. I ordered Stargate SG-1 Season 4 from them and
    ordered it three weeks before release date. Got confirmation and they got
    the money. Didn't get my DVDs until a week and a half after release date.
    Gave them another try for Season 5 and it happened again. From now on I
    will just go to Wal-Mart and get them. Actually cheaper at my store than on
    DDD.
    TMA, Nov 17, 2004
    #16
  17. Wild Coyote

    RnR Lesnar Guest

    They usually ship on the friday before or the Monday before. Even with free
    shipping, I always get my dvd's on the Wednesday or Thursday after release.
    They're very fast.


    --
    RnR Lesnar
    It's True, It's True- Kurt Angle
    Bush/Cheney 2004


    "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does Amazon ship when they receive the item or do they wait until the
    > release date? LOTR-ROTK Extended Version is cheaper on Amazon, but I
    > don't know if they wait until the official release date to ship.
    > Anyone know for sure. Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >
    > Wild Coyote
    > wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com
    RnR Lesnar, Nov 18, 2004
    #17
  18. In article <2go.com>,
    Justin <> wrote:
    >Wild Coyote wrote on [Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:39:33 -0700]:
    >> Does Amazon ship when they receive the item or do they wait until the
    >> release date? LOTR-ROTK Extended Version is cheaper on Amazon, but I
    >> don't know if they wait until the official release date to ship.
    >> Anyone know for sure. Thanks.


    >They tend to ship on release day.


    I've received some from Amazon that arrived a day or two before
    release day. I'm in an area where the service is fast even for
    USPS



    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com
    Bill Vermillion, Nov 18, 2004
    #18
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Mark L.

    Amazon.FR question

    Mark L., Nov 26, 2003, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    529
    terry king
    Nov 26, 2003
  2. Spookshow
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    426
    Douglas Bailey
    Aug 30, 2004
  3. Jake

    DVD Empire vs. Amazon

    Jake, Oct 17, 2004, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    827
    junglejim
    Oct 19, 2004
  4. One-Shot Scot

    Flexplay Disposable DVD on Amazon.

    One-Shot Scot, Oct 23, 2004, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    30
    Views:
    1,233
    One-Shot Scot
    Oct 26, 2004
  5. JAM

    Amazon question

    JAM, May 20, 2005, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    454
    Justin
    May 23, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page