    or move any of the settings. Can anyone help me?
    Thanks
    ~Karla

    Charisma77star, Jun 6, 2006

  2. Charisma77star

    Ace Guest

    Charisma77star wrote:
    > Can anyone help me?
    > Thanks
    > ~Karla

    Karla

    I don't think so. I am sure you have read the book.

    Bob AZ

    Ace, Jun 6, 2006

  3. "Charisma77star" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Nikon coolpix 4600 camera and a couple of days ago it stopped
    > taking pictures. The AF light below the flash light next to the
    > viewfinder keeps blinking at me and on the screen a Red dot(sometimes
    > green) with AF next to it keeps flashing. It wont let me take pictures
    > or move any of the settings. Can anyone help me?
    > Thanks
    > ~Karla

    The flashing AF light near the viewfinder is telling you the camera can't
    focus. This is also what the flashing green dot on the monitor is telling
    you.

    The flashing red dot on the monitor is telling you the flash is charging. It
    should only do this for a few seconds.

    Are you sure your batteries are good and/or fully charged? When you turn the
    camera on, does the lens extend in the normal way? What does the battery
    indicator in the monitor show when you turn the camera on?

    What do you mean when you say it won't let you move any of the settings?
    What is the mode dial (to the right of the viewfinder) turned to?

    John Falstaff, Jun 6, 2006
  4. Batterys are brand new, lens opens up all the way. When I have the
    setting on say the camera...and i change it to video it wont change to
    video., it also wont take pictures and the menu wont come up when i hit
    the menu button.
    I guess I will try taking it to a camera shop.

    Charisma77star, Jun 6, 2006
  5. "Charisma77star" <> wrote in message
    > Batterys are brand new, lens opens up all the way. When I have the
    > setting on say the camera...and i change it to video it wont change to
    > video., it also wont take pictures and the menu wont come up when i hit
    > the menu button.
    > I guess I will try taking it to a camera shop.

    That's probably a good idea, if the camera is out of its warranty period.
    From your description it does sound like something is wrong with it.

    Hope you get it fixed all right. the Coolpix 4600 is a nice little camera.

    John Falstaff, Jun 7, 2006