    also gives me 3 additional cat5 ports as well.

    From my experience it appears that WAPS are consitently more expensive than
    wireless routers for a given manufacturer. Is there something I"m missing
    here? Is there a reason to use a wireless access point instead of using a
    router as I described above?

    Thanks in advance
    Dennis Meissner

    dennis meissner, Feb 18, 2006

  2. dennis meissner

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Yap, you are right Wireless Cable/DSL Routers are less expensive than Access
    Points.
    1. Wireless Routers that are sold in bigger numbers than Access Point.
    2. As far as Wireless is concerned Access point are superior since they have
    more configuration modes than Wireless Routers,
    http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html
    The additional configuration Modes are usually not an advantage to a regular
    Home/SOHO user.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Feb 18, 2006