    anyone knows anything I would be in their debt...:)

    Thanks for any info

    Recoil

    Recoil, Jun 24, 2003

  2. On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:59:16 -0400, Recoil <Recoil@thecomputer> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me if a Special Edition is coming out?
    >The current DVD is, well lack luster. It doesn't even have the
    >trailor for the movie. I would like to have commentary also..so if
    >anyone knows anything I would be in their debt...:)
    >
    >Thanks for any info
    >
    >Recoil

    I can hear the commentary now. "We took this straight from the
    original and this, then we made up this bit with the horses, then we
    went back to the original for these shots..."

    John Harkness

    John Harkness, Jun 24, 2003

  3. Recoil

    Evil Guest

    John Harkness <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:59:16 -0400, Recoil <Recoil@thecomputer> wrote:
    >

    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > Can anyone tell me if a Special Edition is coming out?
    > >The current DVD is, well lack luster. It doesn't even have the
    > >trailor for the movie. I would like to have commentary also..so if
    > >anyone knows anything I would be in their debt...:)
    > >
    > >Thanks for any info
    > >
    > >Recoil

    > I can hear the commentary now. "We took this straight from the
    > original and this, then we made up this bit with the horses, then we
    > went back to the original for these shots..."
    >
    > John Harkness

    and don't forget the "And we took these shots right from DARK WATER,
    now there's a good movie, too..." and "We got this idea from RINGU 2,
    but don't tell anyone, b/c we're gonna do one of our own..."

    Evil, Jun 25, 2003
  4. Recoil

    Peter Briggs Guest

    Recoil <Recoil@thecomputer> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me if a Special Edition is coming out?
    > The current DVD is, well lack luster.

    No kidding. But the actual movie was no great shakes, either.

    Peter Briggs, Jun 25, 2003
  5. Recoil

    Wade365 Guest

    << Can anyone tell me if a Special Edition is coming out?
    > The current DVD is, well lack luster. >>

    The original theatrical trailer for "The Ring" is on the "Ringu" DVD oddly
    enough... and if you watch "Ringu", it's basically everything you need in the
    way of 'extra'. You'll see how they copied a lot of the framing from scene to
    scene and yet you'll marvel at how such a literal translation can get so
    muddled and lost...

    You'll see how Hollywood took a creepy little movie and made it bland as Hell
    with a properly upsetting "F-ck I Want My Money Back" Hollywood ending... the
    only quarter I'll give the film is having slightly more startling imagery in
    the short film on the tape.

    Wade365, Jun 25, 2003
  6. Recoil

    Recoil Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:20:02 +0100, (Peter
    Briggs) wrote:

    >Recoil <Recoil@thecomputer> wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me if a Special Edition is coming out?
    >> The current DVD is, well lack luster.

    >No kidding. But the actual movie was no great shakes, either.

    Its better than "Ringu". I have that also and I wished I hadn't
    bought it.

    Recoil, Jun 25, 2003
  7. Recoil

    Recoil Guest

    On 25 Jun 2003 21:30:15 GMT, (Wade365) wrote:

    ><< Can anyone tell me if a Special Edition is coming out?
    >> The current DVD is, well lack luster. >>

    >The original theatrical trailer for "The Ring" is on the "Ringu" DVD oddly
    >enough... and if you watch "Ringu", it's basically everything you need in the
    >way of 'extra'. You'll see how they copied a lot of the framing from scene to
    >scene and yet you'll marvel at how such a literal translation can get so
    >muddled and lost...
    >
    >You'll see how Hollywood took a creepy little movie and made it bland as Hell
    >with a properly upsetting "F-ck I Want My Money Back" Hollywood ending... the
    >only quarter I'll give the film is having slightly more startling imagery in
    >the short film on the tape.

    I have "Ringu".

    Actually I would say quite the opposite. We took a bland film and
    turned it into a creepy one. But, to each his own. They are JUST
    opinions.

    out.

    Recoil

    Recoil, Jun 25, 2003