    has been changed to
    We all Live in a "Yellow Submarine"

    DUH
    yellow submarine, Oct 3, 2003

  2. yellow submarine

    Brian H¹© Guest

    yellow submarine said:

    > I have a question about why my eMachines W1640 (Windows XP home, AMD Athlon
    > XP Processor, 40 GB hard drive, 356 MB of RAM) takes so long to shut down
    > (7-10 minutes avg.). Please let me know if you have any answers.
    >
    > Question is: Why does it take so long for my computer to shut down.?

    Why are you repeating yourself like a parrot.
    Try reading past posts for a solution to this commonly asked question.
    Brian H¹©, Oct 3, 2003

  3. We all know that Brian H¹© () screamed at the top
    of his lungs:
    > yellow submarine said:
    >
    >> I have a question about why my eMachines W1640 (Windows XP home, AMD
    >> Athlon XP Processor, 40 GB hard drive, 356 MB of RAM) takes so long
    >> to shut down (7-10 minutes avg.). Please let me know if you have any
    >> answers.
    >>
    >> Question is: Why does it take so long for my computer to shut down.?

    > Why are you repeating yourself like a parrot.
    > Try reading past posts for a solution to this commonly asked question.

    pollly got a crakcer?

    --
    Do the Dew - Dewman

    yellow submarine©, Oct 3, 2003
  4. yellow submarine

    Jumbo Guest

    There can be many reasons why. A typical one would be the amount of desktop
    items you currently have. If you have alot of them that you don't use then
    move them to the Unused Desktop Shortcuts folder.

    "yellow submarine" < want no spam> wrote in
    message news:pAgfb.15949$...

    Jumbo, Oct 3, 2003
  5. yellow submarine

    Brian H¹© Guest

    yellow submarine© said:

    > We all know that Brian H¹© () screamed at the top
    > of his lungs:
    >> yellow submarine said:
    >>
    >>> I have a question about why my eMachines W1640 (Windows XP home, AMD
    >>> Athlon XP Processor, 40 GB hard drive, 356 MB of RAM) takes so long
    >>> to shut down (7-10 minutes avg.). Please let me know if you have any
    >>> answers.
    >>>
    >>> Question is: Why does it take so long for my computer to shut down.?

    >> Why are you repeating yourself like a parrot.
    >> Try reading past posts for a solution to this commonly asked question.

    > pollly got a crakcer?

    No wonder so many people have you in their bozo bin.
    The only reason I let you out was because I thought I was possibly a bit hasty
    in binning you.

    --
    Obviously, I was right first time.
    Brian H¹©, Oct 3, 2003
  6. We all know that Jumbo () screamed at the top of
    his lungs:
    > There can be many reasons why. A typical one would be the amount of
    > desktop items you currently have. If you have alot of them that you
    > don't use then move them to the Unused Desktop Shortcuts folder.
    >

    > "yellow submarine" < want no spam>
    > wrote in message
    >> I have a question about why my eMachines W1640 (Windows XP home, AMD
    >> Athlon XP Processor, 40 GB hard drive, 356 MB of RAM) takes so long
    >> to shut down (7-10 minutes avg.). Please let me know if you have any
    >> answers.
    >>
    >> Question is: Why does it take so long for my computer to shut down.?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Do the Dew - Dewman
    >> has been changed to
    >> We all Live in a "Yellow Submarine"
    >>
    >> DUH

    ok will do. thanks!

    yellow submarine©, Oct 3, 2003
  7. yellow submarine

    John Heath Guest

    Also, you might have a process which is blocked, waiting for input from some
    other process. In that case Windows will prefer for the process to end
    normally rather than kill it. Try exiting all programs before exiting
    windows, and if you're using kazaa, that's probably the source of the whole
    problem. I've shut down heaps of times, and ended up waiting, and it's said
    it was waiting for kazaa to finish, even though I had shut it down.

    "yellow submarine©" < want no spam> wrote
    in message news:bMgfb.16059$...
    John Heath, Oct 3, 2003
  8. yellow submarine

    Budweiser Guest

    best you leave your parents machine alone---it might actually be doing
    something
    7-10 mins sounds like you are shutting down a server that is active and it
    is finishing tasks etc----oooh you are going to be in trouble in the morning

    Budweiser, Oct 4, 2003
  9. In news:pAgfb.15949$,
    yellow submarine < want no spam> decided to
    type the following message
    > I have a question about why my eMachines W1640 (Windows XP home, AMD
    > Athlon XP Processor, 40 GB hard drive, 356 MB of RAM) takes so long
    > to shut down (7-10 minutes avg.). Please let me know if you have any
    > answers.
    >
    > Question is: Why does it take so long for my computer to shut down.?
    >
    > --
    > Do the Dew - Dewman
    > has been changed to
    > We all Live in a "Yellow Submarine"
    >
    > DUH

    Try shutting down as many programs as you can. For example if you are
    writing in word, save the changes and close it. As soon as you have closed
    all running programs, shut down. Good luck.
    Sarah Alawami, Oct 4, 2003