    studying the examples when it comes to OU's, domain security, etc?

    Thanks,
    Brian

    Brian, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Brian

    MCSE World Guest

    You could do a large part of your studies without having an Active Directory
    domain, although I am not quite sure as to why you cannot set one up though.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to setup a test box for the 70-290 test (using Microsoft
    > Press 70-290 book) without making it a domain controller? The only spare

    box
    > I have will set it up as it says in the book but I loose all connection to
    > my LAN's internet and I can't share files. I cannot create any "forests or
    > trees" on our LAN and using the default settings as stated on page 1-18,

    it

    MCSE World, Sep 9, 2003

  3. Brian

    Maestro Guest

    You can modify some of the parameters so that they fit
    your environment and still give you the intended
    functionality.

    other box. It isn't a

    Maestro, Sep 9, 2003