Question about 2 new DVD releases, "The Reckoning" and "Tiptoes"

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. Two new films were released on DVD this week that I'm interested in
    renting based solely on the stars The first is "The Reckoning" from this
    year which stars Paul Bettany, and Willem Dafoe. And he other is
    "Tiptoes" from 2003 with Gary Oldman, and Kate Beckinsale.

    Did either of these films receive a theatrical release? Just very
    limited ones? "The Reckoning" sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't say
    for sure. Are these just 2 higher profile (than normal) straight to
    video releases. Thanks.

    Mr. Hole

    http://www.stopfcc.com/

    "You would make a destructive god, Mr. Hole, but as a human, you remain
    pathetic and ineffectual." -- Heck

    The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole, Aug 5, 2004

  2. On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:46:39 -0400, (The
    Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole) wrote:

    >Two new films were released on DVD this week that I'm interested in
    >renting based solely on the stars The first is "The Reckoning" from this
    >year which stars Paul Bettany, and Willem Dafoe. And he other is
    >"Tiptoes" from 2003 with Gary Oldman, and Kate Beckinsale.
    >
    >Did either of these films receive a theatrical release? Just very
    >limited ones? "The Reckoning" sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't say
    >for sure. Are these just 2 higher profile (than normal) straight to
    >video releases. Thanks.

    The Reckoning -- a medieval detective story -- certainly received a
    theatrical release in NY, LA and Toronto. I've no idea where it played
    beyond that.

    John Harkness

    John Harkness, Aug 5, 2004