    Is there a local site that lists and compares all the internet plans
    and companies that offer an internet connection speed faster than
    dial-up?

    james, Jun 27, 2005

  2. In article <>, james <> wrote:
    >Is there a local site that lists and compares all the internet plans
    >and companies that offer an internet connection speed faster than
    >dial-up?

    Does consumer not do that ?

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jun 27, 2005

  3. james

    PAM. Guest

    "james" <> wrote in message:
    > Is there a local site that lists and compares all the internet plans
    > and companies that offer an internet connection speed faster than
    > dial-up?

    On my search for plans I couldn't find any. However I did check out the Net
    Guide isp/net directory
    http://www.netguide.co.nz/shopping/directory/

    From there, I went to each home page and checked their details.

    It does depend on what you want. I finally went for Slingshot 2Mb. It's OK.
    Nothing special, however maxnet and Xtra were both the same price as
    slingshot. I chose them because they seem to consistently be lower or on the
    low band of ISP prices.

    PAM.

    PAM., Jun 27, 2005
  4. james

    jedmeister Guest

    Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote in
    message news:u_Lve.10604$...
    > In article <>, james
    > <> wrote:
    >>Is there a local site that lists and compares all the internet plans
    >>and companies that offer an internet connection speed faster than
    >>dial-up?

    > Does consumer not do that ?
    >
    > Bruce
    >

    > -------------------------------------
    > The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
    > have not got it.
    > - George Bernard Shaw
    > Cynic, n: a blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as
    > they ought to be.
    > - Ambrose Bierce
    >
    > Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
    > (if there were any)

    For some cash

    jedmeister, Jun 27, 2005
  5. james

    Rob Guest

    "PAM." <> wrote in message
    > "james" <> wrote in message:
    >> Is there a local site that lists and compares all the internet plans
    >> and companies that offer an internet connection speed faster than
    >> dial-up?

    > On my search for plans I couldn't find any. However I did check out the
    > Net
    > Guide isp/net directory
    > http://www.netguide.co.nz/shopping/directory/
    >
    > From there, I went to each home page and checked their details.
    >
    > It does depend on what you want. I finally went for Slingshot 2Mb. It's
    > OK.
    > Nothing special, however maxnet and Xtra were both the same price as
    > slingshot. I chose them because they seem to consistently be lower or on
    > the
    > low band of ISP prices.
    >
    > PAM.

    Are you able to connect to www.noelleemings.co.nz with slingshot. I have had
    trouble connecting to quite a number of websites with them, and just get a
    gateway timeout error

    Rob, Jun 28, 2005
  6. james

    Arse Chunks Guest

    Try www.noelleeming.co.nz and you might have more luck!

    Arse Chunks, Jun 28, 2005
  7. Steve Marshall, Jun 28, 2005
  8. james

    Rob Guest

    "Arse Chunks" <> wrote in message
    > Rob wrote:
    > > "PAM." <> wrote in message

    > >>On my search for plans I couldn't find any. However I did check out the
    > >>Net
    > >>Guide isp/net directory
    > >>http://www.netguide.co.nz/shopping/directory/
    > >>
    > >>From there, I went to each home page and checked their details.
    > >>
    > >>It does depend on what you want. I finally went for Slingshot 2Mb. It's
    > >>OK.
    > >>Nothing special, however maxnet and Xtra were both the same price as
    > >>slingshot. I chose them because they seem to consistently be lower or on
    > >>the
    > >>low band of ISP prices.
    > >>
    > >>PAM.
    > >>

    > > Are you able to connect to www.noelleemings.co.nz with slingshot. I have

    had
    > > trouble connecting to quite a number of websites with them, and just get

    > > gateway timeout error
    > >

    > Try www.noelleeming.co.nz and you might have more luck!

    Cheers for that :), I would have thought that they would have purchased all
    the domains with similar names.

    Rob, Jun 28, 2005
  9. On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:30:14 UTC, "jedmeister" <> wrote:

    > Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote in
    > message news:u_Lve.10604$...
    > > In article <>, james
    > > <> wrote:
    > >>Is there a local site that lists and compares all the internet plans
    > >>and companies that offer an internet connection speed faster than
    > >>dial-up?

    > > Does consumer not do that ?
    > >
    > > Bruce
    > >

    > > -------------------------------------
    > > The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
    > > have not got it.
    > > - George Bernard Shaw
    > > Cynic, n: a blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as
    > > they ought to be.
    > > - Ambrose Bierce
    > >
    > > Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
    > > (if there were any)