Querying a test result with Microsoft re 70291

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Vegashands, Apr 8, 2008.

  1. Vegashands

    Vegashands Guest

    Hi, not sure if anyone can help but i could sure use some.

    I took 70291 for the third time yesterday and failed with a 653. On the
    previous two test occasions i scored highly in the Routing and remote access
    >60-70% correct in that area on both the previous attempts.

    However on yesterdays failed attempt on the feedback sheet it tells me that
    i literally got 0.5% correct for that same section.
    I'm just a bit puzzled how i can become so disastourously bad at this
    section when it was my strongest section on the previous two exam attempts.

    To cut a long story short does anyone know if it's possible to query this
    situation with Microsoft???
    Any advice or ideas welcome.

    Thanks

    Mark

    Vegashands, Apr 8, 2008

  2. Vegashands

    John R Guest

    "Vegashands" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, not sure if anyone can help but i could sure use some.
    >
    > I took 70291 for the third time yesterday and failed with a 653. On the
    > previous two test occasions i scored highly in the Routing and remote
    > access
    >>60-70% correct in that area on both the previous attempts.

    > However on yesterdays failed attempt on the feedback sheet it tells me
    > that
    > i literally got 0.5% correct for that same section.
    > I'm just a bit puzzled how i can become so disastourously bad at this
    > section when it was my strongest section on the previous two exam
    > attempts.
    >
    > To cut a long story short does anyone know if it's possible to query this
    > situation with Microsoft???
    > Any advice or ideas welcome.

    That request is going to have to go to the regional service center.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/worldwide/default.mspx
    Have your test report on hand when you contact them. Quite honestly, I
    don't know if there is a dispute procedure or not, but they would be the
    official path.

    John R

    John R, Apr 8, 2008

  3. Vegashands

    Vegashands Guest

    Thanks John R, I have tracked down a relevant phone number but typical Msoft
    their systems are down at the moment! Ahh, the irony!

    Vegashands, Apr 8, 2008
  4. Vegashands

    JaR Guest

    On 4/8/2008,Vegashands had the unmitigated gall to claim:

    > but typical Msoft
    > their systems are down at the moment!

    You don't understand. That's a feature, not a bug ;-)

    --
    JaR
    Keeps the complaints down

    JaR, Apr 8, 2008
  5. Because sometimes when we do poorly that’s all we focus on when we return so
    we tend to often answer the questions we "should know" without reading them
    thoroughly.

    --
    ..rev [askthemct..com]

    .rev [askthemct.com], Apr 8, 2008
  6. Vegashands

    kpg Guest

    ".rev [askthemct.com]" <> wrote in

    > Because sometimes when we do poorly that’s all we focus on when we
    > return so we tend to often answer the questions we "should know"
    > without reading them thoroughly.

    That makes more sense than anything I've ever read - ever.

    I like the fact that the OP and the first responders assumed
    there was a legitimate reason to contact MS over this issue.

    Though I must admit, 1/2 percent correct is a big drop-off.

    Maybe the tests should be cumulative.

    That would be sweet.

    kpg, Apr 8, 2008
  7. Vegashands

    John R Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > ".rev [askthemct.com]" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Because sometimes when we do poorly thatâ?Ts all we focus on when we
    >> return so we tend to often answer the questions we "should know"
    >> without reading them thoroughly.

    > That makes more sense than anything I've ever read - ever.
    >
    > I like the fact that the OP and the first responders assumed
    > there was a legitimate reason to contact MS over this issue.

    I didn't think I assumed that. He asked if it was possible to query MS, and
    I told him who to talk to. I didn't comment on the legitimacy or validity
    of the query.

    If he is a reasonable and cautious person, he may or may not have a valid
    complaint. If he rushed the test, then he might be proven wrong. Either
    way, that isn't going to happen here, MS Learning needs to deal with it.

    John R

    John R, Apr 8, 2008
  8. Vegashands

    michael m Guest

    I took this exam and passed it the second time with a 700 score its all in
    the scenarios that you get in the exams. You must know those very heavily in
    and out to get by this. the 70 291 EXAM WEIGHS HEAVILY IN THAT AREA. Know
    them truly is all i can say. The other questions you must know as well study
    all areas to include tech labs if any read the book over and over agin also
    the videos if you are in a course of study or some form of school that
    provides this. I studied for two months after my first attempted results so
    study study study is all i can say.

    michael m, Jun 2, 2008