    ? Guest

    Would a 2yr old Dell system take a 3GHZ cpu? System takes RDram.
    Any chance this would work? Model is a Dell 8250.

    ?, May 29, 2004

  2. ? wrote
    > Would a 2yr old Dell system take a 3GHZ cpu? System takes RDram.
    > Any chance this would work? Model is a Dell 8250.

    Doubt it... I dont think that they made anything over 2.4GHz that fitted
    into the RDram systems... more than willing to be corrected, but yeah, I
    think i may even be being optimistic with the 2.4GHz.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 29, 2004

  3. ?

    PseUDO Guest

    ? wrote:
    > Would a 2yr old Dell system take a 3GHZ cpu? System takes RDram.
    > Any chance this would work? Model is a Dell 8250.

    What speed cpu is it running at the moment? I had a 2.53Ghz P4 running
    533Mhz FSB on my RD ram system, and it was able to go up to the 3GHz
    mark because it was the 478pin type.

    The ealier P4 cpu's had the 423 pins, if your motherboard has that type
    of pin setup then you will be limited to 2Ghz, from there on up Intel
    only made the 478pin type cpu's.

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, May 29, 2004
  4. ?

    steve Guest

    ? wrote:
    > Would a 2yr old Dell system take a 3GHZ cpu? System takes RDram.
    > Any chance this would work? Model is a Dell 8250.

    It would depend on what chipset is on the motherboard. Youcould eye-ball
    by opening the system up......if you know your away around a motherboard.

    Have you checked the Dell web site?

    steve, May 29, 2004