    flash drive correctly with this message, that you would screw up your HDD!
    HUH????????

    BTW, I won a 128MB flash drive. :)
    Miggsee, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Miggsee

    °Mike° Guest

    It's all about letting the operating system know about the removal, so
    it can cease any data transfers, to prevent data loss or corruption.

    Microsoft Windows XP - Safe Removal of Plug and Play Devices
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/prdh_dmt_cgwi.asp

    Congrats on the win.

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:13:21 -0500, in
    <bu28k3$cl3fd$-berlin.de>
    Miggsee scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Miggsee

    Boomer Guest

    Miggsee, <> wrote:

    > Those of you that use XP know about the "Safely remove hardware"
    > message. I was in a class tonight, and the instructor said that
    > if you didn't remove a flash drive correctly with this message,
    > that you would screw up your HDD! HUH????????
    >
    > BTW, I won a 128MB flash drive. :)

    This maybe?

    From Microsoft:
    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?N2A931B92
    Boomer, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Miggsee

    Miggsee Guest

    Thanks, friend! So I should utilize the feature?

    Miggsee, Jan 14, 2004
  5. Miggsee

    Miggsee Guest

    Thanks, babe! :) Printed for digestion tomorrow. :)

    Miggsee, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Miggsee

    Boomer Guest

    Miggsee, <> wrote:

    > Thanks, babe! :) Printed for digestion tomorrow. :)

    Congrats on winning the 128MB flash drive, btw. :)

    Boomer, Jan 14, 2004
  7. Miggsee

    Miggsee Guest

    :) It will be great to archive my GroupWise work email onto one drive!
    Thanks, Sweetie!

    Miggsee, Jan 14, 2004
  8. Miggsee

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes, if you want to safeguard against data loss or corruption.

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:29:47 -0500, in
    <bu29it$cludm$-berlin.de>
    Miggsee scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jan 14, 2004
  9. Miggsee

    Miggsee Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, if you want to safeguard against data loss or corruption.
    >

    > On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:29:47 -0500, in
    > <bu29it$cludm$-berlin.de>
    > Miggsee scrawled:
    >
    > >Thanks, friend! So I should utilize the feature?

    Thanks! :) That's what I needed to find out and know. :)

    Miggsee, Jan 14, 2004
  10. Miggsee

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:13:21 -0500, "Miggsee" <> wrote:

    >Those of you that use XP know about the "Safely remove hardware" message. I
    >was in a class tonight, and the instructor said that if you didn't remove a
    >flash drive correctly with this message, that you would screw up your HDD!
    >HUH????????
    >
    >BTW, I won a 128MB flash drive. :)

    Right-click "My Computer", Properties, Hardware Tab, Device Manager.
    Expand "Disk Drives", Double-click the flash drive, "Policies Tab".
    Check "Optimize for quick removal" and "OK" your way out.
    Now you can remove the flash drive without using the Safe Removal Icon.
    Unk, Jan 14, 2004
  11. Miggsee

    Miggsee Guest

    Excellent! Thanks! :)