    The 'Status' of the 10 items are: 6 Damaged; 3 Installed; and 1 Not Available

    My question: Do I have to do anything to repair the 'damaged' items? If so,
    what and how? How did they get damaged in the first place? IE seems to be OK.

    Twobtold, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Twobtold

    °Mike° Guest

    These are your downloaded ActiveX entries. In Windows
    Explorer, navigate to:
    C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\

    Right click on the damaged entries and select 'Remove'.
    If they are needed (such as Shockwave or other codecs), they
    will be downloaded again, when you browse a web page, or
    use an application that needs them.

    You can also get an idea of what they are by viewing the
    properties, from a right click.

    On 23 Sep 2003 05:17:05 GMT, in
    <>
    Twobtold scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 23, 2003

  3. Twobtold

    Twobtold Guest

    >From: °Mike°
    ><>

    >These are your downloaded ActiveX entries. In Windows
    >Explorer, navigate to:
    >C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\

    >Right click on the damaged entries and select 'Remove'.
    >If they are needed (such as Shockwave or other codecs), they
    >will be downloaded again, when you browse a web page, or
    >use an application that needs them

    >You can also get an idea of what they are by viewing the
    >properties, from a right click.

    Indeed, we are in a fast-paced world.
    Thanks for your help

    Twobtold, Sep 23, 2003
  4. Twobtold

    °Mike° Guest

    On 23 Sep 2003 05:45:17 GMT, in
    <>
    Twobtold scrawled:

    >>From: °Mike°
    >><>

    >>These are your downloaded ActiveX entries. In Windows
    >>Explorer, navigate to:
    >>C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\

    >>Right click on the damaged entries and select 'Remove'.
    >>If they are needed (such as Shockwave or other codecs), they
    >>will be downloaded again, when you browse a web page, or
    >>use an application that needs them

    >>You can also get an idea of what they are by viewing the
    >>properties, from a right click.

    >Indeed, we are in a fast-paced world.
    >Thanks for your help

    You're welcome.