    password/log-in are incorrect ?
    its very infuriating/annoying.!!!

    your assistance is greatly appreciated,THANKYOU.

    Reg L van Buuren, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Reg L van Buuren

    trout Guest

    Reg L van Buuren wrote:

    > why is it that i keep getting asked to connect to ` mail.bigpond.com `
    > continously even though everything is typed in correctly.
    > then when i cancel it , error message comes up saying not able to
    > connect as password/log-in are incorrect ?
    > its very infuriating/annoying.!!!
    >
    > your assistance is greatly appreciated,THANKYOU.

    Is this happening when you are reading news (like this)?
    If this is the case, try going to Tools; Accounts; News tab, and making sure
    that "include this account when checking for new messages" is *not* checked.
    --
    "One possibility."

    trout, Nov 2, 2004

  3. Reg L van Buuren

    Brian Guest

    In news:tnAhd.7143$,
    Reg L van Buuren <> spitted:
    |> why is it that i keep getting asked to connect to ` mail.bigpond.com
    |> ` continously even though everything is typed in correctly.
    |> then when i cancel it , error message comes up saying not able to
    |> connect as password/log-in are incorrect ?
    |> its very infuriating/annoying.!!!
    |>
    |> your assistance is greatly appreciated,THANKYOU.

    right .. when does it ask you this?? if it comes up every now and again..
    then i could be that you are rechecking for mails too fast.. your mail
    server will restrict anyone trying to login for a certain period of time(due
    to security).. in OE>>tools>>options>>general set the time it checks for
    mails a bit higher.. also make sure you havn't told OE to hang up after
    sending and recieving mails.. also gspit out the exact error if none of this
    works.. when OE gives you the message after you cancel right click into the
    text box and select copy... then paste it in yer...

    Brian, Nov 2, 2004
  4. Reg L van Buuren

    Stevo Guest

    Reg L van Buuren wrote:
    > why is it that i keep getting asked to connect to ` mail.bigpond.com `
    > continously even though everything is typed in correctly.
    > then when i cancel it , error message comes up saying not able to
    > connect as password/log-in are incorrect ?
    > its very infuriating/annoying.!!!
    >
    > your assistance is greatly appreciated,THANKYOU.

    In case you weren't aware, this isn't Bigponds' Help Desk..

    Try the following page :

    http://www.bigpond.com/Help/Settings/EmailSettings/BasicEmailSettings/default.asp

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Stevo, Nov 2, 2004
  5. Reg L van Buuren

    Stevo Guest

    Reg L van Buuren wrote:
    > why is it that i keep getting asked to connect to ` mail.bigpond.com `
    > continously even though everything is typed in correctly.
    > then when i cancel it , error message comes up saying not able to
    > connect as password/log-in are incorrect ?
    > its very infuriating/annoying.!!!
    >
    > your assistance is greatly appreciated,THANKYOU.

    Also, I inadvertently replied direct to you, but the email address was
    rejected as recipient unknown, so if you haven't deliberately munged
    your address my guess is that you have entered it incorrectly in the
    News part of Outlook Express accounts at least..

    Stevo, Nov 2, 2004
  6. Reg L van Buuren

    Avenger© Guest

    On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 00:18:33 GMT, "Reg L van Buuren"
    <> wrote:

    >why is it that i keep getting asked to connect to ` mail.bigpond.com `
    >continously even though everything is typed in correctly.
    >then when i cancel it , error message comes up saying not able to connect as
    >password/log-in are incorrect ?
    >its very infuriating/annoying.!!!
    >
    >your assistance is greatly appreciated,THANKYOU.

    If your email address is then your mail settings
    are:

    incoming mail: pop-server.bigpond.net.au
    outgoing mail: mail-hub.bigpond.net.au

    If your email address is then your incoming and
    outgoing server is:

    mail.bigpond.com
    --
    Avenger©
    *I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*

    Avenger©, Nov 2, 2004