Queen Greatest Video Hits 2

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by The Equalizer, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. The Equalizer, Nov 2, 2003

  2. "The Equalizer" <> wrote:
    >Does anyone know if the PAL version of this DVD release will contain a D.T.S
    >soundtrack as I would prefer a PAL version rather then going for the NTSC
    >version which does have DTS ?

    Yep, european version does have same soundtracks (DTS 96kHz/24bit and
    PCM).
    --
    ----------------------------------
    Matti Wartiainen.

    Matti Wartiainen, Nov 2, 2003

  3. "Matti Wartiainen" <> wrote in message
    > "The Equalizer" <> wrote:
    > >Does anyone know if the PAL version of this DVD release will contain a

    D.T.S
    > >soundtrack as I would prefer a PAL version rather then going for the NTSC
    > >version which does have DTS ?
    > >

    > Yep, european version does have same soundtracks (DTS 96kHz/24bit and
    > PCM).
    > --
    > ----------------------------------
    > Matti Wartiainen.
    > Kouvola.Suomi.Finland.
    > -----------------------------------

    Brilliant

    Thanks

    The Equalizer, Nov 2, 2003
  4. The Equalizer

    Mark Fraser Guest

    In article <W%3pb.3477$9.net>,
    The Equalizer <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know if the PAL version of this DVD release will contain a
    > D.T.S soundtrack as I would prefer a PAL version rather then going for
    > the NTSC version which does have DTS ?

    > PAL Version
    > http://www.mediaextranet.co.uk/imagerepository/webshopimages/1176191-2

    > NTSC Version
    > http://www.mediaextranet.co.uk/imagerepository/webshopimages/1193183-2

    More importantly, are they going to be cropped to fit 16:9 like Hits 1 was
    or left in 4:3? If the former, then it doesn't matter if they've got DTS or
    not, I won't be buying them!

    --
    How's a beer sound, Norm?
    I dunno. I usually finish them before they get a word in.

    |\ /| ark Fraser / www.mfraser.ukgateway.net

    Mark Fraser, Nov 2, 2003
  5. "Matti Wartiainen" <> wrote in message
    > "The Equalizer" <> wrote:
    > >Does anyone know if the PAL version of this DVD release will contain a

    D.T.S
    > >soundtrack as I would prefer a PAL version rather then going for the NTSC
    > >version which does have DTS ?
    > >

    > Yep, european version does have same soundtracks (DTS 96kHz/24bit and
    > PCM).
    > --

    i'd take PCM - bound to sound better - and it's not as if the songs were
    recorded in greater than stereo.

    --
    Gareth
    quote of the day

    The dog from that film you saw, Nov 2, 2003
  6. Mark Fraser <> wrote:
    >More importantly, are they going to be cropped to fit 16:9 like Hits 1 was
    >or left in 4:3? If the former, then it doesn't matter if they've got DTS or
    >not, I won't be buying them!

    A Kind Of Magic and The Invisible Man are 4:3, others 16:9. Radio Ga Ga
    is handled well, it is anamorphic but looks 4:3 except in widescreen
    scenes where picture widens to the whole 16:9 screen.
    --
    ----------------------------------
    Matti Wartiainen.

    Matti Wartiainen, Nov 2, 2003
  7. The Equalizer

    Phil Deane Guest

    Mark Fraser wrote:

    > More importantly, are they going to be cropped to fit 16:9 like Hits 1 was
    > or left in 4:3? If the former, then it doesn't matter if they've got DTS
    > or not, I won't be buying them!

    I am sure I remember reading that they are being altered to 16:9.

    --

    Phil Deane
    http://www.MiracleExpress.force9.co.uk

    Phil Deane, Nov 2, 2003
  8. In news:bo2nms$175dqs$-berlin.de,
    The dog from that film you saw <> said in a
    panic:
    > i'd take PCM - bound to sound better - and it's not as if the songs
    > were recorded in greater than stereo.

    That doesn't mean a 5.1 mix wouldn't sound great.

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little

    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Nov 2, 2003