    The PrepLogic questions seem much harder than those in the book, although
    most people seem to recommend the book for the exam. Which questions offer a
    truer reflection of the exam?

    Crazy Diamond, Mar 30, 2006

  2. Crazy Diamond

    Blackmetal Guest

    Hello,

    In my experience, I have bought some practice exams from PrepLogic and
    MeasureUp and I feel that the Preplogic questions are easier than MeasureUp

    Blackmetal, Mar 30, 2006

  3. Crazy Diamond

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi,

    >> Which questions offer a truer reflection of the exam?

    I think neither. IMHO, Both the questions in the Que test and the
    Preplogic test are quite good, but neither is what the exam is. (Don't
    worry, it's not that difficult). I would suggest however, that you
    practice until you can get a good score on any practice test you can
    lay your hands on.

    Reading your subject line made me think you wanted a comparison between
    the Que Test and the PrepLogic practice test. I do concede that the
    PrepLogic practice test is just supposed to be a free sample. They
    might have completely different structured tests in their retail stuff.

    If asked to give them points for relevancy (on 10), I would give :

    PrepLogic : 6

    Que : 7.5

    I know there might be a lot of people out there who would disagree, so
    I guess it's every person's opinion. And that's mine.

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.

    Cerebrus, Mar 30, 2006
  4. Crazy Diamond

    Simon Hart Guest

    I too found this which meant I was not ready and I didn't take the exam
    until I was comftable with the questions from PrepLogic.

    You should be able to score 85% or more on demand in the PrepLogic exams. If
    you can do this then you are ready, if not keep studying.

    Regards
    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Mar 31, 2006
  5. Just passed the exam with 900.

    Was getting a bit worried last night after looking at the PrepLogic practice
    test for the first time and only scoring around 50% and having a hard time
    with most of the questions.

    To answer my own question, I found the exam far more like the questions in
    the QUE book than in the PrepLogic test. If you answer the questions in the
    book correctly you should do ok in the exam.

    2 areas I didn't think the book didn't go into enough detail were ADO.NET
    and the command line utilities.

    There were a lot (50%?) of questions in the exam on ADO.NET, not all of
    which were covered by the book, although to be fair it does give more than
    enough to pass I would say.

    I got a question about certificates and the use of signcode.exe which is
    only briefly covered by the book and another about caspol.exe. In general, I
    would recommend playing about with each of the utilities mentioned in the
    book as it only mentions each one briefly.

    Hope this helps.

    Crazy Diamond, Mar 31, 2006
  6. Crazy Diamond

    woodcocs Guest

    Microsoft are running a scheme at the moment in which you can retake
    the exam for free if you fail at the first attempt. You have to
    pre-register for the scheme which is free and you'll get a code to use
    when you book your exam.
    Given the 2 for 1 offer the moment you could try the exam and if you
    fail then buy a practise exam. So you might save the cost of a
    practise exam and won't need to pay for the exam itself twice.
    But personally I'd recommend purchasing a practise exam such as Self
    Test Software, because although Kalani's books are very good, the
    questions in the book and on the Preplogic disc are easier than the
    real exam and there will be a few areas that you may not have covered
    in sufficient depth. If those areas come up a lot in the exam you
    could fail.
    Good luck anyway.

    woodcocs, Mar 31, 2006