Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Jan 24, 2006.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hi.

    In the Quality Settings you have options for Draft, Text, Text and
    Graphics, Photo and Best Photo.

    If you want something printed in lightening speed and aren't too
    bothered about quality you would probably select draft mode and a
    split second later it would be in your hand! This draft mode spits
    the paper out at amazing speed. Text mode you would probably select
    for something with much better quality but you might have to wait 1 or
    2 seconds for.

    There is a big difference between draft mode and text mode though. If
    I wanted to create my own custom setting that is halfway between the
    two, so it still prints out pretty quick (faster than text mode) but
    has slightly better quality than draft (but not better than text
    mode), how to I actually create this setting?

    If I go into the advanced part I know how to save a new setting so it
    is added to the current different settings, but what things do I need
    to change to get it halfway between draft and text as far as speed and
    quality go? What colour managements, Colour mode settings do I
    select, what amounts of ink for the different colours? What print
    options etc?

    If I could tell what settings the draft mode and text mode use I would
    be able to do it, but it doesn't seem to say anywhere.

    Thanks for any help with this

    John

    John, Jan 24, 2006