    Do you have any recommendations into Advert Blocking Software?

    Thanks
    Heidi
    Heidi Manway, Nov 20, 2006

  2. Heidi Manway

    beenthere Guest

    "Heidi Manway" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > x-no-archive:yes
    >
    > Do you have any recommendations into Advert Blocking Software?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Heidi

    Have a read H., and make your choice.
    http://www.hsinlin.com/software/firewalls.html
    HTH.
    bw..OJ
    beenthere, Nov 20, 2006

  3. In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Heidi Manway wrote:

    > x-no-archive:yes

    no

    > Do you have any recommendations into Advert Blocking Software?

    How about a good HOSTS file?
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    And since you are using Firefox, why not get the Adblock extension?
    Handles specific graphical ads.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/10/

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 20, 2006
  4. Heidi Manway

    Whiskers Guest

    ["Followup-To:" header set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk.]

    Opera has built-in 'content blocking' <http://www.opera.com/download/>.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Nov 20, 2006
  5. Heidi Manway

    Old Gringo Guest

    On 20 Nov 2006 07:36:34 -0800, Heidi Manway wrote:

    > x-no-archive:yes
    >
    > Do you have any recommendations into Advert Blocking Software?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Heidi

    Firefox browser with 2 add-ons installed works for me.
    2 add-ons: Flashblock, and Adblock plus
    Good Luck what ever you do.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Old Gringo, Nov 20, 2006
  6. Heidi Manway

    Guest

    , Nov 21, 2006
  7. Heidi Manway

    Jim Guest

    Jim, Nov 21, 2006
  8. "Heidi Manway" <> innocently inquired

    > x-no-archive:yes
    >
    > Do you have any recommendations into Advert Blocking Software?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Heidi

    "" who's not running for office, says
    in news:p:

    > I second the HOSTS file, the one I use
    > http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/hosts

    You should *always* backup your original HOSTS file to a safe location, in a
    folder labeled with the date [ex: 2006.11.21_hosts_backup] first. Naming the
    folder correctly will allow you to keep track of subsequent updates, and
    easily revert if necessary.

    The one I like is at

    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    It is updated frequently enough, and compiled by reputable experts.

    --

    To me, truth is not some vague and/or foggy notion.
    Truth *is* real! And, at the same time - unreal.

    This is "truth," to me.
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 21, 2006
  9. Heidi Manway

    Heidi Manway Guest

    Re: Quality Reliable Software to block Advertisements?Works Fantastic Thanks!!!

    x-no-archive:yes

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Heidi Manway wrote:
    >
    > > x-no-archive:yes

    > no
    >
    > > Do you have any recommendations into Advert Blocking Software?

    > How about a good HOSTS file?
    > http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    >
    > And since you are using Firefox, why not get the Adblock extension?
    > Handles specific graphical ads.
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/10/
    >
    > --
    > -bts

    <<<<<<
    Hi Beauregard you are Brilliant it works Fantastic for blocking adds so
    far the Hosts File,

    Thanks again Heidi

    Heidi Manway, Nov 21, 2006
  10. Re: Quality Reliable Software to block Advertisements?Works Fantastic Thanks!!!

    In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Heidi Manway wrote:

    > Hi Beauregard you are Brilliant it works Fantastic for blocking adds
    > so far the Hosts File,
    >
    > Thanks again Heidi

    Ooooohhhh. Stroke me again, Heidi!

    --