    questions about rw. I am planning to make DVD Slide shows from digital
    photos. Also, what is the best QUALITY program or suite to use (Roxio,
    ULead, Nero, etc.)

    KSB, Apr 22, 2005

  2. KSB

    Impmon Guest

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:50:42 -0400, "KSB" <> wrote:

    >Are there any inherent differences in quality between DVD +r or -r?

    +r/+rw has added protection from data loss that -r/-rw does not have.
    But +'s tended to cost a bit more.

    It should be noted if you're making the disc to play on DVD player or
    other system other than another PC, the mileage will vary. Some DVD
    players will work fine with R's but not RW's and some works with +'s
    but not -'s, etc. To check your DVD player, go to www.videohelp.com
    and search for your DVD player model and see what other users
    reported.

    >Same questions about rw.

    To computers, there is pretty much no quality difference between r's
    and rw's. RW is simply a format that can be erased and reburned a
    number of times while R's are write once for permanet format.

    >I am planning to make DVD Slide shows from digital
    >photos. Also, what is the best QUALITY program or suite to use (Roxio,
    >ULead, Nero, etc.)

    I have not used all the program but I've used ULead for making DVD
    movies with menu and Nero for plain straight to disc burning with no
    menu and no authoring. You might also want to check out
    www.videohelp.com and look for the best guide that you can understand.
    It will give you an idea what program to use as some guides are
    written simple enough to earn a place in any For Dummies book.

    Impmon, Apr 23, 2005

  3. KSB

    John Howells Guest

    "Impmon" <> wrote

    > +r/+rw has added protection from data loss that -r/-rw does not have.

    Reference?

    John Howells

    John Howells, Apr 23, 2005
  4. KSB

    KSB Guest

    I am aware of the compatibility issues, or hardware issues, which, in my
    case is not a problem. I am more concerned as to any QUALITY difference
    between + R and -R technologies.

    KSB, Apr 23, 2005
  5. KSB

    Large Farva Guest

    "KSB" <> wrote in message
    >I am aware of the compatibility issues, or hardware issues, which, in my
    >case is not a problem. I am more concerned as to any QUALITY difference
    >between + R and -R technologies.

    No difference. Just get the one that's compatable with what you want to do.

    Large Farva, Apr 23, 2005
  6. "KSB" <> wrote in message
    >I am aware of the compatibility issues, or hardware issues, which, in my
    >case is not a problem. I am more concerned as to any QUALITY difference
    >between + R and -R technologies.

    1. We are dealing with a digital media here, so the 'bits' are either
    correct or wrong - no shades of grey. It is very different with an analog
    signal such as vhs.

    2. The extra error correction features may make a difference to recovering
    data from a damaged dvd but ....?

    Stuart

    Stuart Miller, Apr 24, 2005