    I have seen a few vacancies for an mcse windows architect consultant
    but I do not see anyaccredited qualification in that area, does anyone
    have any idea how to go about obtaining a qualification in this field?
    Jul, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Jul

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Jul wrote:

    > I have seen a few vacancies for an mcse windows architect consultant
    > but I do not see anyaccredited qualification in that area, does anyone
    > have any idea how to go about obtaining a qualification in this field?

    first, go to this link and find the certification you want to pursue and
    read up on what exams and what courses or books you need to get.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp

    once you are ready to take an exam, you can book it at:
    http://www.vue.com/
    http://www.prometric.com/

    there is no right or wrong way to learn. everyone is different.

    you can go to a tech/comp school/college and spend a lot of money for them
    to teach you. basically, they have a lab environment and they get
    courseware (books!) from microsoft and you follow along with the
    courseware. they also usually handle the exam booking for you.

    or you can buy study guides and study on your own to save money.
    study guides are available from microsoft or from book publishers that
    specialize in the certification field. coriolis. sybex. do a search for
    "mcse" on www.amazon.com. try this link, if it works??
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/102-1723118-2521723

    if you do it on your own, try to create your own lab environment as much as
    possible. if you don't have multiple machines and networking gear, at
    least, install the software and try to do as much as you can with it.

    also make sure you take exam prep/software simulation tests before you take
    the real exam. make sure you are getting at least 90% on the simulations
    before taking real exams. the passing mark on all microsoft exams is
    700/1000.

    microsoft exams are not very difficult. there is no reason to cut corners.
    there is a cheating problem with the MCSE certification. everyone knows it
    - even the people doing the hiring. it's in your best interest to learn the
    materials as best as you can for future job interviews because the
    interviewers will look for signs of cheating. if they think you cheated,
    you will obviously not get hired.

    -
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Nov 10, 2004

  3. Jul

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:,
    Rowdy Yates <> rambled:

    > there is no right or wrong way to learn. everyone is different.

    Unless you're being a stickler on the definition of the word "learn", then
    there is a right and a wrong way.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com
    Ken Briscoe, Nov 10, 2004
  4. Jul

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Ken Briscoe wrote:

    > In news:,
    > Rowdy Yates <> rambled:
    >>
    >> there is no right or wrong way to learn. everyone is different.
    >>

    > Unless you're being a stickler on the definition of the word "learn", then
    > there is a right and a wrong way.

    well, hold on, lemme get a pint of keiths before we start this thread.

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Nov 10, 2004
  5. you have GOT to be kidding!

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9uYXRob3NwaWNl?=, Nov 10, 2004
  6. Jul

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jul climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > I have seen a few vacancies for an mcse windows architect consultant
    > but I do not see anyaccredited qualification in that area, does anyone
    > have any idea how to go about obtaining a qualification in this field?

    Wow.

    *Wanders off muttering*

    JaR
    Unintelligible Thug
    JaR, Nov 10, 2004
  7. Jul

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    JaR wrote:

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jul climbed on a soapbox & opined:
    >
    >> I have seen a few vacancies for an mcse windows architect consultant
    >> but I do not see anyaccredited qualification in that area, does anyone
    >> have any idea how to go about obtaining a qualification in this field?

    > Wow.
    >
    > *Wanders off muttering*
    >
    > JaR
    > Unintelligible Thug

    you guyz are meannies. and i tried to help him/her/it.

    (i got more meds - can you tell?)
    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Nov 10, 2004
  8. Jul

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Rowdy Yates climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > you guyz are meannies. and i tried to help him/her/it.
    >
    > (i got more meds - can you tell?)

    Pass a couple over here man. Reality is a little strong today.

    JaR
    Disgruntled Thug
    JaR, Nov 10, 2004
  9. Jul

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    JaR wrote:

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Rowdy Yates climbed on a soapbox &
    > opined:
    >
    >> you guyz are meannies. and i tried to help him/her/it.
    >>
    >> (i got more meds - can you tell?)

    > Pass a couple over here man. Reality is a little strong today.
    >
    > JaR
    > Disgruntled Thug

    here you go.
    *rowdy passes the dutchie*
    there is nothing soem good 'ole crack cocaine can't fix.

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Nov 10, 2004

  10. >-----Original Message-----
    >JaR wrote:
    >
    >> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Rowdy Yates climbed

    on a soapbox &
    >> opined:
    >>
    >>> you guyz are meannies. and i tried to help him/her/it.
    >>>
    >>> (i got more meds - can you tell?)

    >> Pass a couple over here man. Reality is a little strong

    today.

    >> JaR
    >> Disgruntled Thug

    >here you go.
    >*rowdy passes the dutchie*
    >there is nothing soem good 'ole crack cocaine can't fix.
    >
    >--

    GOOD LUCK IN PRISON!!!
    Keyboard Cowboy, Nov 10, 2004
  11. Jul

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 10, 2004
  12. Jul

    Doom Guest

    > *rowdy puts on his little black mask and gets into the toon-mobile*

    I wonder if I'm the only one who has no idea what that means.
    Doom, Nov 10, 2004

  13. >-----Original Message-----

    >> *rowdy puts on his little black mask and gets into the

    toon-mobile*

    >I wonder if I'm the only one who has no idea what that

    means.

    I don't think I WANT to know!!!
    Keyboard Cowboy, Nov 10, 2004
  14. Jul

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Doom" <> wrote in news:Oo4ZWB3xEHA.1524
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    >> *rowdy puts on his little black mask and gets into the toon-mobile*
    >>

    > I wonder if I'm the only one who has no idea what that means.

    http://www.ktmanagement.com/robber_cartoon2.jpg

    and what do guys like that jump into when they are running away from guys
    like this?

    http://serp.la.asu.edu/clipart_dir/cartoon2/cartoon2_imag/police.gif

    you know what your problem is kid? you weren't raised on the cool cheezy
    cartoons that i was. woody woodpecker. el kabong. you had too much ninja
    turtles and not enough of the classics. long live the wabbit season!!!

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Nov 11, 2004
  15. Jul

    Doom Guest

    > you know what your problem is kid? you weren't raised on the cool cheezy
    > cartoons that i was. woody woodpecker. el kabong. you had too much ninja
    > turtles and not enough of the classics. long live the wabbit season!!!

    I used to wake up at 7 am on saturday to watch Speed Racer. H3ll, I still
    watch Bugs Bunny. Kid, I think not.
    Doom, Nov 11, 2004
  16. Jul

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Doom" <> wrote in

    >> you know what your problem is kid? you weren't raised on the cool
    >> cheezy cartoons that i was. woody woodpecker. el kabong. you had too
    >> much ninja turtles and not enough of the classics. long live the
    >> wabbit season!!!
    >>

    > I used to wake up at 7 am on saturday to watch Speed Racer. H3ll, I
    > still watch Bugs Bunny. Kid, I think not.

    but can you nam nam numb nuts?

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Nov 11, 2004
  17. Jul

    Doom Guest

    > but can you nam nam numb nuts?

    OK now I'm back to not knowing what the h3ll you're talking about.
    Doom, Nov 11, 2004
  18. Jul

    Doom Guest

    "Doom" <> wrote in message

    >> but can you nam nam numb nuts?

    I think numb nuts is a little harsh. They tingle once in awhile but they
    aren't numb. They get blue once in awhile but still not numb. Can you send
    me br@indump for nam nam?
    Doom, Nov 11, 2004
  19. Jul

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Doom" <> wrote in

    > "Doom" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> but can you nam nam numb nuts?
    >>>

    > I think numb nuts is a little harsh. They tingle once in awhile but
    > they aren't numb. They get blue once in awhile but still not numb.
    > Can you send me br@indump for nam nam?

    birdy num. birdy.. num.. num.

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Nov 11, 2004
  20. Jul

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Doom" <> wrote in news:#h09ni4xEHA.3844
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    >> but can you nam nam numb nuts?
    >>

    > OK now I'm back to not knowing what the h3ll you're talking about.

    we all get numb nuts every once in a whole. the only cure is "nam nam"

    http://www.der-partyschreck.de/images/party.gif

    birdy nam!

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39