Qualification Route

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by BluDog, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. BluDog

    BluDog Guest

    Hi

    I am just starting my MCAD study, starting with 70-306. I can see from
    MCAD you go for the MCSD, but where then. The MS Certification site:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp

    Does not really give indication of where to go from there. I notice
    the MCSE is still listed, but i thought that it was not possible to
    obtain that qualification any more.

    I am not sure how far i personally want to take the qualifications
    beyond the MCAD, but am planning the next few years of my life and am
    interested in how they would fit in, and the best route to take.

    Opionions on the qualifications and benifits would also be greatly
    appreciated.

    Blu

    BluDog, Aug 17, 2004

  2. BluDog

    Bobby Guest

    Hi BluDog,

    MCSD is one of the there premier MCP certifications from MSFT. As far as
    MSFT and programming certification are concern, MCSD is the highest you can
    go. If you are interested, the other 2 premier certifications from MSFT are
    MCDBA and MCSE. MCSE is for IT professionals, those who maintain, design and
    implement network environment using windows server technologies. To obtain
    MCDBA, one need some programming skills and networking knowledge as well. So
    if you are coming form MCSD, MCDBA is more related and perhaps easier for you.

    Hope this helps.

    Bobby

    Bobby, Aug 18, 2004

  3. BluDog

    BluDog Guest

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:59:01 -0700, "Bobby"
    <> wrote:

    >MCSD is one of the there premier MCP certifications from MSFT. As far as
    >MSFT and programming certification are concern, MCSD is the highest you can
    >go. If you are interested, the other 2 premier certifications from MSFT are
    >MCDBA and MCSE. MCSE is for IT professionals, those who maintain, design and
    >implement network environment using windows server technologies. To obtain
    >MCDBA, one need some programming skills and networking knowledge as well. So
    >if you are coming form MCSD, MCDBA is more related and perhaps easier for you.

    Bobby, thanks Mate. I was trying to inscramble them, i wanted to find
    a qualification that was heavily into SQL... MCDBA looks like the one!

    Cheers

    Blu.

    BluDog, Aug 18, 2004