    Can someone tell me are the Quad core processors the fastest processor out
    there at the moment?

    mike
    pel, Feb 8, 2007

  2. pel

    Smoker Guest

    "pel" <> wrote in message
    news:45cb93cd$0$8730$...
    > Can someone tell me are the Quad core processors the fastest processor out
    > there at the moment?

    They are the fastest when you are doing four things at the same time.
    Smoker, Feb 9, 2007

  3. pel

    Fat Ass Fred Guest

    On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 22:07:08 -0500, "Smoker" <>
    wrote:

    >"pel" <> wrote in message
    >> Can someone tell me are the Quad core processors the fastest processor out
    >> there at the moment?
    >>

    >They are the fastest when you are doing four things at the same time.

    I kinda hate the wording some people use in regards to multi-tasking
    on CPU's... Eg. You say their fastest when your doing 4 things at
    the same time..... In Windows '95 and higher, your almost allways
    doing at least 4 things at 1 time. You've got interrupt timers
    running in the background, System API's interfacing with hardware,
    application running, and Outputting buffers to the screen, now weather
    windows will use all 4 parts of the CPU at the same time is a whole
    different question.... Kinda like asking a person if they like
    driving 120mph, then asking them do the roads from your house to your
    work site support driving 120mph and are the cops hiding out near the
    roads you travel.... Sure, you may like driving 120mph, but if you
    have to take a dirt road with hair-pin turns on a rainy day, unless
    you drive a General Sherman tank to work, you might not want to try
    driving 120mph to work....
    Fat Ass Fred, Feb 10, 2007