QoS w/ Citrix

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Cisco Fan, Apr 5, 2005.

  1. Cisco Fan

    Cisco Fan Guest

    Hi,

    I've been having some trouble trying to set up some level of
    QoS/Priorities for a customer's Citrix connection.

    I tried using either custom queues and priority lists to reserver
    something like 50% of the bandwidth (ADSL connection) for ICA
    communication (TCP 1494). Anyway, as soon as some regular TCP
    connections (like e.g. a larger outgoing mail) uses up bandwidth, ICA
    sessions slow to a crawl ...

    The two things I've tried to date are:

    queue-list 1 protocol ip 1 tcp 1494
    queue-list 1 protocol ip 2 tcp lpd
    queue-list 1 default 3
    queue-list 1 queue 1 byte-count 3000
    queue-list 1 queue 2 byte-count 1501
    queue-list 1 queue 3 byte-count 500 limit 5

    and

    priority-list 1 protocol ip high list 102
    priority-list 1 protocol ip medium list 103
    priority-list 1 protocol ip low list 104
    priority-list 1 queue-limit 40 40 60 80

    (together with the appropriate command to use it in the dialer interface)

    Any ideas?

    Help appreciated,

    -gg
    Cisco Fan, Apr 5, 2005

  2. Cisco Fan

    Cisco Fan Guest

    Nobody?

    Cisco Fan, Apr 8, 2005

  3. Cisco Fan

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    In article <d35j2p$alc$>, says...
    > > (together with the appropriate command to use it in the dialer interface)
    > >
    > > Any ideas?

    When I was trying to do some QoS on pppoe or pppoa, it didn't work at
    all. TAC said that it *will* work in future.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostres, Apr 8, 2005
  4. Cisco Fan

    liminas_LT Guest

    Just apply on ouside interface rate-limiting by access-list for
    incoming MAIL trafic. This is the only way.
    liminas_LT, Apr 8, 2005