QoS, rate-limiting, IP ACLs and the Catalyst 3750

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Chris Heller, Oct 11, 2005.

  1. Chris  Heller

    Chris Heller Guest

    Hello,

    I am tasked with limiting downstream bandwidth to a few specific hosts
    on a single subnet.

    I am trying to understand the best way to accomplish my goal.

    At the moment it seems that perhaps I will be able to do the following:

    1. Create an ACL for each host (or one ACL for all hosts) that I wish
    to rate-limit.
    2. Set a class-map, and policy-map for this ACL and limit the bandwidth
    (its a 10Mbit link, and I want to limit these hosts to 3Mbit)

    So far this all seems straight forward, but I am not sure I fully grasp
    the steps involved.

    Primarily I want to guarantee that none of the other hosts in this
    subnet are affected by the rate-limiting. How can I do this, do I need
    to set up another ACL with the rest of the subnet and another class-map
    for this unlimited list?

    Regards,
    Chris Heller

    Chris Heller, Oct 11, 2005