QOS on a particular scenario

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by laf, Jun 23, 2009.

  1. laf

    laf

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    Hello,

    I need to implement an QOS policy for the attached scenario.
    Couple things to be mentioned:

    All the connection to the router goes to a single Gigabit port; there s a trunk with the 3750 neighbor and on that port goes all the traffic in both directions.

    interface GigabitEthernet3/1
    description Management_class
    ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
    no ip unreachables
    no ip proxy-arp
    ip accounting output-packets
    !
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet3/1.101
    description Our_company
    encapsulation dot1Q 101
    ip address BGP_subclass_A.1 255.255.255.0
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet3/1.102
    description Clients_Internet
    encapsulation dot1Q 102
    ip address BGP_subclass_B.1 255.255.255.0

    interface GigabitEthernet3/1.219
    description ISP_1
    encapsulation dot1Q 219
    ip address ISP_1_IP 255.255.255.224
    no ip redirects
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet3/1.401
    description ISP_2
    encapsulation dot1Q 401
    ip address ISP_2_IP 255.255.255.252
    no ip redirects
    !

    My goal is to prioritize the Internet for RED selected server, which is actually a Linux GW.

    Please throw me some hints of how I could do this ? I was thinking to create an ACL to select the traffic which originates from my Linux GW and then use the class_traffic_ACL on a policy map to and apply a priority of 30;

    My question is: where to apply the policy map? On the interface or on the sub_interface? Will it really work?

    Or is it better to start marking the traffic of interest instead of using an ACL?

    Attached Files:

    laf, Jun 23, 2009