    displaying some charts about QoS?

    B.R.
    Igor
    Iggy, Feb 19, 2005

  2. Iggy

    jonathan Guest

    did you try netfow?

    jonathan

    jonathan, Feb 19, 2005

  3. Iggy

    Ben Guest

    jonathan wrote:
    > did you try netfow?
    >
    > jonathan
    >

    > Iggy wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any software for monitoring QoS statistics including WRED and
    >> displaying some charts about QoS?
    >>
    >> B.R.
    >> Igor

    The Cisco SNMP MIB has support for most QoS stuff depending on the
    platform (GSR support is broken). It's not hard to write a script to
    process all this information into csv's if you know how.

    Concord can do what you are looking for quite well, but it's not cheap.
    Ben, Feb 22, 2005
  4. Iggy

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <aoASd.170750$>,
    says...
    > The Cisco SNMP MIB has support for most QoS stuff depending on the
    > platform (GSR support is broken). It's not hard to write a script to
    > process all this information into csv's if you know how.
    >
    > Concord can do what you are looking for quite well, but it's not cheap.

    Not just Concord. Bunch of other tools might be good for it like
    Infovista, BMC, HPOV PI, .... it actually depends on specific need of
    the customer.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Feb 22, 2005
  5. Iggy

    Iggy Guest

    I need something that can monitor queue depths and WRED drop rates for
    several days and records it to some database...I'll try the software which
    you folks mentioned in previous posts...

    B.R.
    Igor

    Iggy, Feb 22, 2005
  6. Iggy

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <cvf6em$fbu$>, says...
    > I need something that can monitor queue depths and WRED drop rates for
    > several days and records it to some database...I'll try the software which
    > you folks mentioned in previous posts...

    The thing is that all mentioned software is not free/downloadable from
    the internet. You should count that this software
    (concord/infovista/hpov) cost at least $50K, so if you don't have such
    money you will be just loosing time. If it looks too expensive, then you
    don't really need such tool.

    The main thing here is that you need to be sure that your IOS has a MIB
    which has such values in it. If there's no values, no tool will ever
    help you.

    If there is such variables, you could pull them using snmpget every few
    seconds/minutes and just save results in text file.+

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Feb 22, 2005