QOS config for a 6500 sup720

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by jdedon, Sep 15, 2008.

  1. jdedon

    jdedon

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    I need some help with a Cisco 6506 sup 720 config.
    I have gig sfps on a sup 720. I need to configure a service policy or other means to do the following:

    The port connects to 100 meg metroE service at gig port speed.
    The port must be configured as a layer2 dot1q trunk
    The total aggregate of all traffic must not exceed the 100Meg subscription rate.
    Prioirty traffic marked with dscp EF should be prioirty queued and transmitted up to 25Meg, any priority traffic exceeding the 25meg limit should be marked down to cs3 and transmitted.

    Here are the problems I have found so far
    The layer 2 physical interface will not allow mls qos config.
    The vlan interface will not allow Hierarchical policies. It will not accept shape or rate limit in the parent policy.

    This is easy to do in a serial interface as the full line of commands are available.

    Any ideas?

    jdedon, Sep 15, 2008