QoS and the Catalyst 4506e

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by pfisterfarm, Jun 7, 2010.

  1. pfisterfarm

    pfisterfarm Guest

    I'm trying to set up a new switch, a 4506e, for a remote site. Most of
    our newer remote sites are using a 4506 and this is the first time I'm
    working with a 4506e. Our standard configuration, which was in use
    before I started here, has QoS settings. I'm not that familiar with
    QoS, but I've read some about it and I have some idea as to what most
    of it does. Most of the QoS commands in our standard config aren't
    working in the 4506e. Does the 4506e have QoS? Is there some guide as
    to setting it up? Below are excerpts from the config we're using that
    are QoS related:

    ------------------

    qos dbl
    qos map dscp 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 to tx-queue 2
    qos map cos 3 to dscp 26
    qos map cos 5 to dscp 46
    qos aggregate-policer XYZ_AGG 64 mbps 8 mbyte conform-action
    transmit exceed-action drop
    qos
    !
    class-map match-all match_XYZ
    match access-group 142
    !
    policy-map police_XYZ
    class match_XYZ
    police aggregate XYZ_AGG
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet4/1
    description server
    qos dscp 48
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet4/30
    description server
    service-policy input police_XYZ
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet4/48
    description upstream connection
    qos trust dscp
    tx-queue 1
    shape 98 mbps
    tx-queue 2
    shape 1 mbps
    tx-queue 3
    priority high
    pfisterfarm, Jun 7, 2010

  2. pfisterfarm

    brink Guest

    On Jun 7, 9:53 pm, pfisterfarm <> wrote:
    > I'm trying to set up a new switch, a 4506e, for a remote site. Most of
    > our newer remote sites are using a 4506 and this is the first time I'm
    > working with a 4506e. Our standard configuration, which was in use
    > before I started here, has QoS settings. I'm not that familiar with
    > QoS, but I've read some about it and I have some idea as to what most
    > of it does. Most of the QoS commands in our standard config aren't
    > working in the 4506e. Does the 4506e have QoS? Is there some guide as
    > to setting it up? Below are excerpts from the config we're using that
    > are QoS related:

    Configuring QOS has changed for a Sup6 to MQC, there is a new section
    for it in the configuration guide.
    brink, Jun 8, 2010