    What's the main usage for Qimage? Is it mainly for printing large
    prints, or does it also enhance prints results with smaller prints?

    I'm using Photoshop and a Canon i9500.....

    KatManDEW, Jul 10, 2003

  2. KatManDEW <> wrote in
    news::

    > What's the main usage for Qimage? Is it mainly for printing large
    > prints, or does it also enhance prints results with smaller prints?
    >
    > I'm using Photoshop and a Canon i9500.....

    It can be used for ....

    1. ... lay out of pictures on the paper.

    2. ... enhance the pictures. I don't know how small pictures
    that will be enhanced, but Qimage is supposed to be better
    at scaling pictures than printer driver softwares normally are.

    3. ... printing thumbnails.

    4. ... handling color profiles.

    Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jul 10, 2003

  3. KatManDEW

    KatManDEW Guest

    Thanks. That's about what I figured. I'm still trying to figure out
    the color profile thing.

    KatManDEW, Jul 12, 2003
  4. KatManDEW <> wrote in

    > Thanks. That's about what I figured. I'm still trying to figure out
    > the color profile thing.

    You can use color profiles for your input (i.e. scanner or camera)
    and output (i.e. printer) in Qimage. Those color profiles must
    be downloaded from somewhere or made yourself (e.g. by the
    ddi software program Profile Prism). If you callibrate your monitor
    and your printer (and maybe also your scanner/camera), you have a
    much better repetability regarding color rendition, which makes
    the work much easier.

    Now, your printer already have a color profile (used in the driver).
    This profile is made by the manufacturer. So, with a little bit
    of luck you really don't need any callibration of your printer.

    Personally I found that my (now dead) Epson 870 had a rather poor
    native color profile, but my new printer (Canon i9100) seems to have
    a rather good one. The Epson printer was very bad at rendering
    magenta.

    BTW - I recommend Qimage, but I am currently somewhat unsure about
    Profile Prism. I have not been able to make smooth enough profiles
    with it.

    Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jul 12, 2003