  1. TJ Inc.

    TJ Inc. Guest

    Gateway, Dell, or HP?
    TJ Inc., Apr 23, 2004

  2. On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:22:54 GMT, "TJ Inc." <>
    wrote:

    >Gateway, Dell, or HP?

    Mary Ann, Ginger?

    BB
    BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com, Apr 23, 2004

  3. TJ Inc.

    BJH Guest

    not hp

    BJH, Apr 23, 2004
  4. TJ Inc.

    Plato Guest

    TJ Inc. wrote:

    > Gateway, Dell, or HP?

    McDonalds, Wendys, or Burger King.
    Plato, Apr 23, 2004
  5. TJ Inc.

    OnSite Guest

    Neither. What you want to do for a quality machine is go to a reputable
    local dealer and buy what we call a "white box". Get 100% Intel products
    (motherboard, cpu, etc.) and you will not be unhappy. The mass produced
    machines are crap, I would never recommend one to a customer.

    OnSite, Apr 23, 2004
  6. TJ Inc.

    TJ Inc. Guest

    Stop it! I'm serious!

    TJ Inc., Apr 23, 2004
  7. TJ Inc.

    TJ Inc. Guest

    10Q

    TJ Inc., Apr 23, 2004
  8. TJ Inc.

    TJ Inc. Guest

    Whaaaaaaaaa!

    TJ Inc., Apr 23, 2004
  9. TJ Inc.

    TJ Inc. Guest

    Thanks! That is what a friend told me.

    TJ Inc., Apr 23, 2004
  10. On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:40:08 GMT, "TJ Inc." <> wrote:

    >Stop it! I'm serious!

    So am I!

    BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com, Apr 24, 2004
  11. OnSite wrote:

    > Get 100% Intel products
    > (motherboard, cpu, etc.) and you will not be unhappy.

    what's wrong with AMD?
    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Apr 24, 2004
  12. TJ Inc.

    OnSite Guest

    There are many who will disagree with me on that one. What I can say, from
    a business standpoint, is I used to sell AMD, thinking that I could save
    people money. What happened is that I ended up losing money on AMD systems
    for many various reasons. My return rate on Intel systems is less than 1%.

    And do not be fooled into buying an AMD 64. If you are not running a 64 bit
    OS, there is no need for it.

    OnSite, Apr 24, 2004
  13. OnSite wrote:
    > There are many who will disagree with me on that one. What I can say, from
    > a business standpoint, is I used to sell AMD, thinking that I could save
    > people money. What happened is that I ended up losing money on AMD systems
    > for many various reasons. My return rate on Intel systems is less than 1%.

    Then you were obviously not putting the systems together correctly. I've
    built well over 20 computer for friends and family and myself, all AMD
    baesd, and not one of them has ever had a problem due to the motherboard
    or chip.

    > And do not be fooled into buying an AMD 64. If you are not running a 64 bit
    > OS, there is no need for it.

    With the Athlon64 that is correct, however if you are a business that
    will be upgrading to Longhorn or another 64bit OS within the next 2
    years, and you are doing a hardware upgrade now, the Opteron would seem
    to make sense because it can handle 32bit programming absolutely fine,
    and then can migrate to 64bit programming with very little (if any?)
    tweaking in the future.
    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Apr 24, 2004
  14. TJ Inc.

    JD Guest

    There's no need for the amd 64 at the moment unless you are running Linux
    which has 64 bit compatibility, however Microsoft is due to release the
    windows 64 bit operating system shortly so it would be future proofing your
    purchase. if you like spending lots of money sure buy a Intel p4 but you get
    more Mhtz for your $(£) with an amd! I used to use Intel religiously .. not
    anymore !!

    JD, Apr 24, 2004
  15. TJ Inc.

    Thor Guest

    "OnSite" <> wrote in message
    > There are many who will disagree with me on that one. What I can say,

    from
    > a business standpoint, is I used to sell AMD, thinking that I could save
    > people money. What happened is that I ended up losing money on AMD

    systems
    > for many various reasons. My return rate on Intel systems is less than

    1%.

    One can use shit components on AMD systems just as you can on Intel systems,
    and end up with shit PCs. Use quality boards/chipsets for AMD chips, and
    they are every bit as reliable and stable as any Intel-based system. My
    problem call rate on AMD systems is just as low as any Intel box I've sold.

    > And do not be fooled into buying an AMD 64. If you are not running a 64

    bit
    > OS, there is no need for it.

    Perhaps you should do your homework on how much better the AMD 64 bit chips
    are capable of doing, on EITHER 32, or 64 bit code. Whether that power is
    needed, is debatable depending on the intended usage, but make no mistake,
    AMD 64 chips can and do run today's 32 bit code exceptionally well.
    Thor, Apr 24, 2004
  16. TJ Inc.

    Wizard Guest

    AH

    Wizard, Apr 24, 2004
  17. TJ Inc.

    Plato Guest

    OnSite wrote:

    > There are many who will disagree with me on that one. What I can say, from
    > a business standpoint, is I used to sell AMD, thinking that I could save
    > people money. What happened is that I ended up losing money on AMD systems
    > for many various reasons. My return rate on Intel systems is less than 1%.

    My partner does Intel. I do AMD. There is no difference in servicing
    them.
    Plato, Apr 24, 2004
  18. TJ Inc.

    OnSite Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message

    > "OnSite" <> wrote in message
    > > There are many who will disagree with me on that one. What I can say,

    > from
    > > a business standpoint, is I used to sell AMD, thinking that I could save
    > > people money. What happened is that I ended up losing money on AMD

    > systems
    > > for many various reasons. My return rate on Intel systems is less than

    > 1%.
    >
    > One can use shit components on AMD systems just as you can on Intel

    systems,
    > and end up with shit PCs. Use quality boards/chipsets for AMD chips, and
    > they are every bit as reliable and stable as any Intel-based system. My
    > problem call rate on AMD systems is just as low as any Intel box I've

    sold.

    > > And do not be fooled into buying an AMD 64. If you are not running a 64

    > bit
    > > OS, there is no need for it.

    > Perhaps you should do your homework on how much better the AMD 64 bit

    chips
    > are capable of doing, on EITHER 32, or 64 bit code. Whether that power is
    > needed, is debatable depending on the intended usage, but make no mistake,
    > AMD 64 chips can and do run today's 32 bit code exceptionally well.

    Perhaps I have already done my homework.

    There are plenty of people out there using AMD, I am not one of them.
    Whether I am building servers or workstations, I build them with 100% Intel.
    Intel has never done me wrong, and on the other hand I have been burned by
    too many AMD systems. It is not a matter of quality, I never put garbage in
    my systems. I sell high end work/game stations of server quality, and my
    customers expect only the best. AMD needs to do more than release a 64-bit
    cpu before I take a second look at them. If you run your business
    differently, all the luck.
    OnSite, Apr 24, 2004
  19. TJ Inc.

    Jeremy Guest

    Why will you not tell us how you got burned?

    I am glad you are proud of 100% Intel but what advantage do you gain
    specifically?

    JJ

    Jeremy, Apr 24, 2004
  20. TJ Inc.

    Robert Baer Guest

    JD wrote:

    > There's no need for the amd 64 at the moment unless you are running Linux
    > which has 64 bit compatibility, however Microsoft is due to release the
    > windows 64 bit operating system shortly so it would be future proofing your
    > purchase. if you like spending lots of money sure buy a Intel p4 but you get
    > more Mhtz for your $(£) with an amd! I used to use Intel religiously .. not
    > anymore !!

    ------------ SNIPped for brevity -------------

    ???SHORTLY???
    Do you mean within the next five years for the term "shortly"?
    M$ has never been "on time"; remember "Not There"?
    Robert Baer, Apr 25, 2004