    Is there a way of putting it manually?

    Deguza
    (Using Netscape 7.1 on Windows 2000 Pro.)

    Kompu Kid, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Kompu Kid

    Chris I Guest

    Kompu Kid spoke thusly:
    > How do I get Netscape Password Manager to remember my password?
    >
    > The password manager does not even come up when I enter my password.
    >
    > Is there a way of putting it manually?
    >
    > Deguza
    > (Using Netscape 7.1 on Windows 2000 Pro.)

    Follow-up set to netscape.public.general.

    The Yahoo login page is coded to disable *any* browser from
    automatically filling in the password.

    --
    Chris I - Mozilla Champion
    Netscape/Mozilla Links <http://ilias.ca>

    Chris I, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Kompu Kid

    Guest

    Hi,

    Have you checked your cookie settings?
    I am running the same netscape and I get two invitations to save my
    passwords. But there might be something in the Yahoo answer Yahoo
    is a pain in the but . Special with being the source of Spam.

    Thank you
    fmav
    On 22 Jul 2004 21:34:02 -0700, (Kompu Kid) wrote:

    >How do I get Netscape Password Manager to remember my password?
    >
    >The password manager does not even come up when I enter my password.
    >
    >Is there a way of putting it manually?
    >
    >Deguza
    >(Using Netscape 7.1 on Windows 2000 Pro.)

    , Jul 23, 2004
  4. Kompu Kid

    Kompu Kid Guest

    Chris I <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Kompu Kid spoke thusly:
    > > How do I get Netscape Password Manager to remember my password?
    > >
    > > The password manager does not even come up when I enter my password.
    > >
    > > Is there a way of putting it manually?
    > >
    > > Deguza
    > > (Using Netscape 7.1 on Windows 2000 Pro.)

    > Follow-up set to netscape.public.general.
    >
    > The Yahoo login page is coded to disable *any* browser from
    > automatically filling in the password.

    On an alternate computer, I somehow got Netscape to remember the
    password.

    I wonder if I can rig the password page and enable Netscape to
    remember the password.

    Alternately, is there an editor that would enable me to manually add a
    password? What is the name of the file that has all these passwords?

    Thanks!

    Deguza

    Kompu Kid, Jul 25, 2004
  5. Kompu Kid

    Chris I Guest

    _Kompu Kid_ spoke thusly:

    >>>How do I get Netscape Password Manager to remember my password?
    >>>
    >>>The password manager does not even come up when I enter my password.
    >>>
    >>>Is there a way of putting it manually?
    >>>
    >>>Deguza
    >>>(Using Netscape 7.1 on Windows 2000 Pro.)
    >>>

    >>Follow-up set to netscape.public.general.
    >>
    >>The Yahoo login page is coded to disable *any* browser from
    >>automatically filling in the password.
    >>

    >On an alternate computer, I somehow got Netscape to remember the
    >password.
    >
    >I wonder if I can rig the password page and enable Netscape to
    >remember the password.

    Many websites disable autocompletion for security reasons; so in order
    to for Netscape to override it, you'll need to have data encryption
    enabled. To enable data encryption, go to Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy
    & Security -> Passwords, and check mark "Use encryption when storing
    sensitive data."

    Then add the following line to your user.js
    <http://ilias.ca/userjs.html> file:

    user_pref("wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride", true);

    Or you can enter about:config
    <http://www.mozillazine.org/misc/about:config/> in the location bar.
    Search for the preference wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride.
    Modify the value to true.

    If you don't want to enable data encryption, you can also try a
    bookmarklet from Squarefree Bookmarklets
    <http://ilias.ca/netscape/browserfaq/#bookmarklets>.

    >Alternately, is there an editor that would enable me to manually add a
    >password? What is the name of the file that has all these passwords?

    http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html

    Follow-up set to netscape.public.general. (again) Does your news client
    not recognize the "Followup-to" header?

    Chris I, Jul 26, 2004
  6. Kompu Kid

    Wai Doan Hsu Guest

    Chris I <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > _Kompu Kid_ spoke thusly:

    [snip]
    > Many websites disable autocompletion for security reasons; so in order
    > to for Netscape to override it, you'll need to have data encryption
    > enabled. To enable data encryption, go to Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy
    > & Security -> Passwords, and check mark "Use encryption when storing
    > sensitive data."
    >
    > Then add the following line to your user.js
    > <http://ilias.ca/userjs.html> file:
    >
    > user_pref("wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride", true);
    >
    > Or you can enter about:config
    > <http://www.mozillazine.org/misc/about:config/> in the location bar.
    > Search for the preference wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride.
    > Modify the value to true.
    >
    > If you don't want to enable data encryption, you can also try a
    > bookmarklet from Squarefree Bookmarklets
    > <http://ilias.ca/netscape/browserfaq/#bookmarklets>.

    I have a similar problem, and I can't figure out what's going on.

    For this URL:

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N206214F8

    I am not seeing any autocomplete=off, and steps I take to save the
    password are not working. I'm using Mozilla 1.7.1.

    What am I missing?

    Wai Doan Hsu, Aug 2, 2004