    My question is....has anyone studied Exchange after knowing Domino (I am a SysAd r6 CLP) and is it a real headache to learn based on what you already know about Domino

    My options may just be to get the AD and network infrastructure exam, the former (as I have been told) is not a nightmare exam, but I don't really know much about the latter exam's difficulty. It would be nice to get feedback on other possible electives that were not that much of a challenge given a low level of previous knowledge on the subject matter

    Thanks in advance for any friendly responses

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBHcmlmZml0aHM=?=, Jan 13, 2004

  2. "Mark Griffiths" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I will probably get a lot of stick for this question from those who cannot

    stand the idea of paper MCSEs....but for some of us that's the only way to
    get the bloody thing.....

    No it's not.

    > I work as mainly 1s, 2nd and some 3rd line support/admin in a Lotus/Novell

    NDS based environment. I gained my MCSA by working bloody hard outside work
    hours, as the only Windows systems used here are desktop and laptop, and
    standalone W2K serves hosting Domino (no tears, please ;:-> ).

    If you get regular work on the the W2K servers and if the desktops and
    laptops are W2K or later, then you are not a paper MCSA/MCSE.

    > Anyway...I passed the beast 216 (at the 2nd attempt)....so that leaves me

    with the core AD exam to get, one design exam and another elective.

    > My question is....has anyone studied Exchange after knowing Domino (I am a

    SysAd r6 CLP) and is it a real headache to learn based on what you already
    know about Domino?

    It's a bigger headache to learn without some experience with Exchange or
    another product that provides similar services. You are far from becoming a
    paper MCSE.

    > My options may just be to get the AD and network infrastructure exam, the

    former (as I have been told) is not a nightmare exam, but I don't really
    know much about the latter exam's difficulty. It would be nice to get
    feedback on other possible electives that were not that much of a challenge
    given a low level of previous knowledge on the subject matter.

    Quit counting your experience short.

    --
    Politician Spock
    Thug #24601