Q: VRF & OSPF over Virtual-Access under IOS 12.2

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Clemens Zauner, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. OK, heres the Problem, I'm thankful for *any* answers ...

    Assume a 72xx running IOS 12.2 (tried multiple versions) doing VRF & OSPF
    This Box acts as a PPPoA Access-Concentrator. One of attached
    client wants to do OSPF over these PPPoA links, nada.

    Packet-Debugging shows, that the C72xx does not send *any* Helos over
    the Virtual-Access-Interfaces.

    Output follows:
    wdo#sh ip ospf 3326 interface
    Virtual-Access1.4 is up, line protocol is up
    Internet Address 0.0.0.0/0, Area 0.0.0.0
    Process ID 3326, Router ID 213.235.196.1, Network Type POINT_TO_MULTIPOINT, Cost: 1
    Transmit Delay is 1 sec, State DOWN,
    Timer intervals configured, Hello 30, Dead 120, Wait 120, Retransmit 5
    oob-resync timeout 120

    (And so on).

    Ad the setup: The links go unnumbered against a loopback. The network-range
    the interfaces are within is covered by a "network" statement in the OSPF
    Process. Why is this "State DOWN" here?
    Defining the neighbours manually is not possible, as under VRF there
    is no "neighbor" command in the router processes (CSCdv76375). But this
    case is somehow "disclosed"; so not good information available on this
    topic by the Cisco-HP.

    Ad personam: Im Operatin OSPF-networks (rather complex ones) since 7
    years. I therefore have some experience with this. I'm very sure that
    the reason for the problem is *not* some awful misunderstanding on OSPF,
    I just never did OSPF over Virtual-Access interfaces, I got it running
    with ppp a dozend times.
    Is there some configuration trick for The sub-type Virtual-Access I
    missed somewhere?

    TIA
    Clemens.
    --
    /"\ / (G. Scott Granados:) And God spoke.
    \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN/ There shal be packets.

    Clemens Zauner, Nov 11, 2003