    Is the delay acceptable?

    Can you get a smooth video transmission?

    Do you know of any other dsl plans that have a higher upload rate?

    Sameer, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Sameer wrote:
    > Do you know of any other dsl plans that have a higher upload rate?

    full speed DSL does, but it's kinda cost prohibitive.

    I see that this is just for personal use... I've used MSN video chat on
    dialup... slow, horrible, but I'd imagine that it'd work on 192 up fine.

    surely voice chat would do? and email some pics?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 16, 2004

  3. Sameer

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:21:08 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Sameer wrote:
    >> Do you know of any other dsl plans that have a higher upload rate?

    > full speed DSL does, but it's kinda cost prohibitive.
    >
    > I see that this is just for personal use... I've used MSN video chat on
    > dialup... slow, horrible, but I'd imagine that it'd work on 192 up fine.
    >
    > surely voice chat would do? and email some pics?

    Try skype for voice chat, its bloody awesome on 128/128, better than phone
    quality, and no noticable delay. Some users have had problems with skype
    not adjusting to asymetric connections, but i think that was mostly to do
    with 64k uploads, and it doesn't use anything near 192k.

    -[Myth]-, Nov 17, 2004
  4. Sameer

    Mike_P Guest

    "-[Myth]-" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:21:08 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> Sameer wrote:
    >>> Do you know of any other dsl plans that have a higher upload rate?

    >> full speed DSL does, but it's kinda cost prohibitive.
    >>
    >> I see that this is just for personal use... I've used MSN video chat on
    >> dialup... slow, horrible, but I'd imagine that it'd work on 192 up fine.
    >>
    >> surely voice chat would do? and email some pics?

    > Try skype for voice chat, its bloody awesome on 128/128, better than phone
    > quality, and no noticable delay. Some users have had problems with skype
    > not adjusting to asymetric connections, but i think that was mostly to do
    > with 64k uploads, and it doesn't use anything near 192k.

    Hmm, I wonder how it performs on Orcon's UBS plan with Telecom's "Internet
    Quality" latency designed to make VOIP impractical. ?

    Mike_P, Nov 17, 2004
  5. Sameer

    C_Lyon Guest

    -[Myth]- wrote:
    > On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:21:08 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >

    >>Sameer wrote:
    >>
    >>>Do you know of any other dsl plans that have a higher upload rate?

    >>full speed DSL does, but it's kinda cost prohibitive.
    >>
    >>I see that this is just for personal use... I've used MSN video chat on
    >>dialup... slow, horrible, but I'd imagine that it'd work on 192 up fine.
    >>
    >>surely voice chat would do? and email some pics?

    > Try skype for voice chat, its bloody awesome on 128/128, better than phone
    > quality, and no noticable delay. Some users have had problems with skype
    > not adjusting to asymetric connections, but i think that was mostly to do
    > with 64k uploads, and it doesn't use anything near 192k.

    Never tried skype, but Teamspeak works fine for me.
    http://www.goteamspeak.com/news.php

    C_Lyon, Nov 17, 2004