    anyone out there could recommend some other publishers of MCSD
    litterature ?

    Thanks, I appreciate it!
    Erica, Oct 27, 2003

  2. I would say from what I've seen, that the MS Press and Que training guides
    (and exam cram) are the best certification specific guides out there.

    I myself use the MS Press books, and find them to be pretty good. You will
    need additional material though like third party books from MS Press,
    APress, Wrox etc...

    HTH,

    --
    Leigh Kendall MCSD, MCDBA

    Leigh Kendall, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Erica

    the Cat Guest

    I completed the MCSD.NET on 27 Sep '03. I
    specialized in C#, and used the QUE books by Amit Kalani
    for exams 70-315, 70-316, and 70-320. They were possibly
    the best books I could have ever laid my hands on to
    prepare. Amit does a great job of literally walking you
    through each concept with succinct examples. Forget the
    exams, I think these are great day-to-day reference books
    as well. I use them regularly even after the exams.

    I would NEVER go for the MS Press books, because
    I have found them to be a rehash of MSDN documentation in
    most cases.

    the Cat, Oct 27, 2003
  4. Erica

    Larry Guest

    I agree with what people have said about the Microsoft
    Study Guides...at best they seem to give you an idea of
    what the test content will be all about - but you still
    need other sources for the complete info. At worst, they
    can be truly misleading (like 70-300).

    It seems like Exam Cram and others are generally better.
    But it also seems like no one publisher is always
    consistent. As far as cert exams go, I also agree with
    those who say that MSDN is a great source. The only thing
    is that there's SO MUCH information....you'll never really
    know all that stuff. The books are helpful at least in
    terms of helping you focus on what you need to know best.

    Whenever, I'm looking for computer books - for exams or
    otherwise - I read the reviews on Amazon.Com. You get a
    lot of different viewpoints from people who aren't trying
    to sell you anything and (hopefully) have actually read
    the books and tried to learn stuff from them.

    Then I might even go to a bookstore and look over the
    books, on a given subject, that people seem to think
    highly of. If it looks to me like it's well put together -
    and other people liked it, too - I figure it's probably a
    good one.

    HTH

    Larry, Oct 28, 2003
  5. Erica

    Jaime Guest

    "Larry" <> wrote in message

    > Whenever, I'm looking for computer books - for exams or
    > otherwise - I read the reviews on Amazon.Com. You get a
    > lot of different viewpoints from people who aren't trying
    > to sell you anything and (hopefully) have actually read
    > the books and tried to learn stuff from them.
    >
    > Then I might even go to a bookstore and look over the
    > books, on a given subject, that people seem to think
    > highly of. If it looks to me like it's well put together -
    > and other people liked it, too - I figure it's probably a
    > good one.

    That's exactly what I do.
    Jaime, Oct 29, 2003
  6. Erica

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Then I might even go to a bookstore and look over the
    >books, on a given subject, that people seem to think
    >highly of.

    Absolutely. No one would buy car with out looking it over.
    Kline Sphere, Oct 30, 2003
  7. Erica

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Oct 31, 2003