    go away with "right click; close". I expect it to remain in the right
    hand side section of the taskbar - but not the main part.

    David

    david, Sep 9, 2010

  2. david

    Graham. Guest

    "david" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Is this just my system?
    > I use Betamax (SMSlisto) software caller.
    > I'm generally happy, and you can't beat the price.

    You might want to jump ship to smartvoip.com when your credit expires.
    UK mobile calls are even cheaper although minimum topup is 15 instead of 10 Euros

    > But sometimes "VOIP Client" remains in the Windows XP taskbar and wont
    > go away with "right click; close". I expect it to remain in the right
    > hand side section of the taskbar - but not the main part.

    Mom I use a hardware solution for making calls, but the soft has always been
    well behaved when I have used it. The only thing I can think of is uninstall
    it and download it afresh.
    You can also use a 3rd party softphone such as x-lite

    Have you considered purchasing an IP phone or an ATA? Much more convenient
    than talking into a computer.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%