    this?

    TIA

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Jul 16, 2007

  2. Jimmy Dean

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:44:36 +1000, Jimmy Dean wrote:

    > If I use 2.4 GHz wireless headphones, will they interfere with
    > wireless network devices which also use 2.4 GHz?
    >
    > In theory one can select different channels and so avoid interference,
    > but I'd like to hear from anyone who has practical experience with
    > this?
    >
    > TIA

    Don't have practical experience but common sense and an understanding of
    the selectivity of the wireless devices tell me that there is little
    chance they will interfere with each other. I have a 2.4 gig phone
    base near my router that doesn't cause any problems.
    Meat Plow, Jul 16, 2007

  3. Jimmy Dean

    Muze Groops Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:44:36 +1000, Jimmy Dean wrote:
    >
    >> If I <snip>

    Meat... Sausage...

    I'm getting hungry
    Muze Groops, Jul 16, 2007
  4. Jimmy Dean

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:03:30 -0400, Muze Groops wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:44:36 +1000, Jimmy Dean wrote:
    >>
    >>> If I <snip>

    > Meat... Sausage...
    >
    > I'm getting hungry

    Only my GF gets my sausage.
    Meat Plow, Jul 16, 2007
  5. Jimmy Dean wrote:
    > If I use 2.4 GHz wireless headphones, will they interfere with
    > wireless network devices which also use 2.4 GHz?
    >
    > In theory one can select different channels and so avoid interference,
    > but I'd like to hear from anyone who has practical experience with
    > this?

    There are 11 channels in the US at 2.4GHz. Only channels 1, 3, and 11
    have no overlap with each other. I've seen a cordless phone take a
    computer offline several times. If you pick one of the three mentioned
    channels for one device and another for the second device, in theory as
    you say, there should be no problem. But the damn cordless phone mfg's
    are a little sloppy sometimes.

    Also, if one is frequency hopping and the other is not, there probably
    will be little interference, but no guarantee that there won't be a
    slowdown. It's better to get a 5.8GHz phone and 2.4GHz networking
    devices to be sure. But if you already have the devices, no harm in
    trying them.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 16, 2007
  6. Rôgêr wrote:
    > Jimmy Dean wrote:
    >
    >> If I use 2.4 GHz wireless headphones, will they interfere with
    >> wireless network devices which also use 2.4 GHz?
    >>
    >> In theory one can select different channels and so avoid interference,
    >> but I'd like to hear from anyone who has practical experience with
    >> this?

    > There are 11 channels in the US at 2.4GHz. Only channels 1, 3, and 11

    That should have read channels, 1, 6, and 11. Pardon me.
    --
    Scooter
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 16, 2007
  7. Jimmy Dean

    Muze Groops Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:03:30 -0400, Muze Groops wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    >> Meat... Sausage...
    >>
    >> I'm getting hungry

    > Only my GF gets my sausage.

    If you're inferring I'm queer... well, you're right!

    My feather boa and tassels are usually a dead giveaway too
    Muze Groops, Jul 16, 2007
  8. Jimmy Dean

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:23:55 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >Jimmy Dean wrote:
    >> If I use 2.4 GHz wireless headphones, will they interfere with
    >> wireless network devices which also use 2.4 GHz?
    >>
    >> In theory one can select different channels and so avoid interference,
    >> but I'd like to hear from anyone who has practical experience with
    >> this?

    >There are 11 channels in the US at 2.4GHz. Only channels 1, 3, and 11
    >have no overlap with each other. I've seen a cordless phone take a
    >computer offline several times. If you pick one of the three mentioned
    >channels for one device and another for the second device, in theory as
    >you say, there should be no problem. But the damn cordless phone mfg's
    >are a little sloppy sometimes.
    >
    >Also, if one is frequency hopping and the other is not, there probably
    >will be little interference, but no guarantee that there won't be a
    >slowdown. It's better to get a 5.8GHz phone and 2.4GHz networking
    >devices to be sure. But if you already have the devices, no harm in
    >trying them.

    Thanx for the useful feedback

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Jul 17, 2007